Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Thought I had the flu for Christmas
Thought I had the flu for Christmas [message #59257] Thu, 18 December 2008 15:30 Go to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
No, I do have the fucking flu for Christmas. Just a matter of days before all my kids have it. I can hear it now on Christmas morning. "Dad, can you pass me another present and a bowl to throw up in. NOW!!!".....C

Re: Thought I had the flu for Christmas [message #59258 is a reply to message #59257] Wed, 31 December 2008 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's no good, Colin.

Must be over it by now though. What's planned for New Years?

Re: Thought I had the flu for Christmas [message #59259 is a reply to message #59258] Thu, 01 January 2009 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Well, the kids did get a mild touch of the flu - nothin' like I had.

For New Year's Eve, I went over to a neighbor's house and had a couple of beers. I'm too old and there are too many stupid people out to party any more.

I've got a few New Year's resolutions going, and one is to get more involved with audio again. This past year just kind of went by in a haze. However, I'm finding more and more people in the Cinci/Dayton area into high end audio. The wife says as soon as I get the kitchen remodeled, I can have people over. The kitchen was easy to take apart, but it's been two years and very little has gone back together.......C

Projects aplenty [message #59260 is a reply to message #59259] Fri, 02 January 2009 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've been upside down with too many projects too. I bought a new home in August, right in the middle of the firestorm in the housing market. What timing, huh?

You gotta make it yours, so naturally we had several projects in store for it. We redid the entry way right away and are in the process of building shelves for the living room. They're very large, so it is taking a while. And those kinds of projects with all the unpacking and setup probably will take a year.

Re: Projects aplenty [message #59261 is a reply to message #59260] Fri, 02 January 2009 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Congrats on the new house!! I don't know about your market, but the past few months have been a great time to buy in our area. My wife is a real estate agent with RE/Max, and has been working 12 hours a day / 7 days a week for the past few months. There are lots of great deals to be had.

Do you have a dedicated listening space? I went to a local 'phile's home a few months ago and heard a Rives-designed house addition. Holy crap did that sound nice. I'll try to get pictures up (yeah, it's on the list......)

Re: Projects aplenty [message #59262 is a reply to message #59261] Fri, 02 January 2009 20:56 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

My living room is large but was not purpose-designed for acoustics. It is, however, well damped and large, so having speakers that create a uniform reverberent field and using multiple distributed subs, I expect to be able to optimize this room quite nicely. Even just having things "set where they are" prior to optimization via modeling and measurements, it sounds pretty good. Once dialed in, it should be great.

Previous Topic: If McCain Is Elected
Next Topic: Size Does Matter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:51:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout