Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Ann Coulter is right on the money as usual IMO.
Ann Coulter is right on the money as usual IMO. [message #59204] Wed, 14 March 2007 11:06 Go to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If you take the time to read this piece by Ms. Coulter you may see this Libby thing a little differently. I never thought Libby was guilty of anything but Ms. Coulter nails it on the head. IMO anyway.

Re: Ann Coulter is right on the money as usual IMO. [message #59205 is a reply to message #59204] Wed, 14 March 2007 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sometimes I think the whole goal of some of those guys is to spin public opinion. Truth be damned, make a statement and the public will consider it fact. It's very effective tactic, I'm sad to say.

Re: Ann Coulter is right on the money as usual IMO. [message #59206 is a reply to message #59205] Wed, 14 March 2007 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Sorry Wayne, not sure who you are referring to, or what you mean. Are you saying that Ann Coulter is spinning the truth here? If so please elaborate.

Re: Ann Coulter is right on the money as usual IMO. [message #59207 is a reply to message #59206] Wed, 14 March 2007 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

What I meant was I think "investigators" that rush to get a story that favors their opinion are "spinmasters." I think there's more of that than anything else.

To tell the truth, I would categorize myself as a Libertarian and I lean to the right. I don't always agree with Republican policies but find I almost never agree with Democrat policies. On the matter of public manipulation, I think both Democrats and Republicans are capable of trying to "spin" things, but I think the political left does it to a greater degree. I personally think that the manipulation of public opinion is the main agenda of the left these days. It looks to me like appearance is more important than substance to them.

Thanks for clarifying, well said. NT [message #59208 is a reply to message #59207] Wed, 14 March 2007 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
NT

Re: Ann Coulter is right on the money as usual IMO. [message #59209 is a reply to message #59207] Thu, 15 March 2007 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm with Wayne on this one. Ann Coulter is to conservatives what Bill Maher is to liberals. The reporting of both is driven by an anti (Democrat / Republican) agenda rather than a desire for accuracy and objectivity. While there's often a kernel or truth to their reporting, both spin the facts very loosely and selectively to support their goal of discrediting the other side. Ditto Rush Limbaugh and Michael Moore.

The most supportive fans of these people are Americans who view themselves as patriotic, lean heavily to the right or to the left, and who don't want unbiased reporting; they want somebody to tell stories that support their beliefs, and they really like it when the story is told in a provocative and insulting way.

If you want to hear that John Edwards is a faggot, or that George W Bush intentionally lied about the WMD's, you'll like this kind of reporting. Pick your poison.

Re: Ann Coulter is right on the money as usual IMO. [message #59210 is a reply to message #59209] Thu, 15 March 2007 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi Fred,

I disagree. Sure Ann Coulter goes a little over board with name calling sometimes but no where near the extent that some liberals do. I don't find her or Rush for that matter, to be lose with the facts as you describe. To put her or Rush in the same league as Moore is not even close. Could you imagine what kind of press a movie on the Clinton administration by Rush or Coulter would get? Even if it was factually correct? I can guarantee the "academy" wouldn't be giving it awards as they did for Moore or Gore. Of course both Rush and Coulter have a bias toward conservatism. But they are both very popular because people believe what they say. If all they did was lie all day nobody would listen to them. This is the reason the liberals can't seem to get anyone to listen to their radio commentators IMO. For instance read the link I posted that Ann Coulter wrote. I believe it's factually correct. What she is saying has been one of my pet peeves for awhile. The liberals get away with murder (in Kennedy's case) while the Conservatives are thrown to the wolves for the slightest thing. Not that some Republicans don't deserve what they get. But Republicans have to watch very closely what they say or do while Democrats can get a pass on all kinds of criminal activity.

Re: Ann Coulter is right on the money as usual IMO. [message #59211 is a reply to message #59210] Thu, 15 March 2007 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I rest my case.

Sorry, I thought because you responded you wanted to discuss the topic. [message #59212 is a reply to message #59211] Thu, 15 March 2007 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
But yours is the "normal" liberal response. If there is something factually incorrect with Coulters piece I'm sure you would have pointed it out. But consider this:

If there were people out there in large numbers (like you theorize) that didn't want to hear the truth but only biased spin against the other party then the liberals should be able to produce a radio talk show that would rival Rush etc. So why can't they?

Re: Sorry, I thought because you responded you wanted to discuss the topic. [message #59213 is a reply to message #59212] Fri, 16 March 2007 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think you misinterpreted Fred's response. I know him pretty well, and I'd say it's safe to say he's not a raging Democrat.

Previous Topic: Anna Nicole Smith
Next Topic: Cloak & Dagger at Wal Mart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:40:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout