Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Lisa Nowak
Lisa Nowak [message #59184] Wed, 07 February 2007 22:28
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The guys in the office have been talking about this a lot for the last couple of days. On one hand, it brings all the jokes. "Nowak, man she's completely wacked." Stuff like that. On the other hand, it brings serious discussion. Some can't believe one of the world's most capable people could be "such a nut job." Some say it goes with the territory, that Lisa's kind of drive naturally brings obsessive traits with it.

Being a celebrity, if even only a minor celebrity, the people involved go through the pain from having this be so very public. If she had been a schoolteacher or accountant, she could melt down privately and no one would know except her closest relatives. It probably wouldn't ruin her career, once she sorted out all her legal problems. Then again, on the other, other hand, maybe she really would have killed her so-called romantic rival.

I'm not sure what I think, because I tend to believe that getting to the bottom of these kinds of things never happens in the court of popular opinion. But that's what brings us the news, and gives us topics of discussion at the water cooler, in the coffee shops and bars, and in the Dungeon here at ART. What do you think?

Previous Topic: Bush Approval Rating Up
Next Topic: Scary?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:26:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout