Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Bush Approval Rating Up
Bush Approval Rating Up [message #59166] Wed, 20 December 2006 06:20 Go to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
According to a recent poll the Bush approval rating has nudged up from 25% just before the midterm election to 26% last week. Does this mean that another 1% of Americans have suffered brain death since the last poll? Is the Surgeon General going to do something about this?

OK, maybe I'm being too narrow-minded and one-sided. To see the White House's story go to the Google homepage that's linked below, type in the word "failure", and hit "I'm feeling lucky".

Polarization [message #59167 is a reply to message #59166] Fri, 22 December 2006 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I dunno, Fred. I think it's just propoganda, polarization of the population with sound bites and political rhetoric. The alternatives to Bush were Kerry and Gore. Pregnant Chad and Botox Boy. Would you rather have either or them? I'm still glad neither of those guys became president. Who I'd really like to see in office next time is Rudy Giuliani, but I don't know if he really would have a chance. Who do you think will run?

As for Google keyword loading, that's another story but I don't like it much. It's a game, one that I think is bullshit. The fact that the search engines don't implement procedures that pull out that kind of thing shows me that they aren't catalogging information in a useful way. Another hot button for me is the sale of trademarked phrases as search engine keywords. I suppose probably Harley Davidson can afford to police their trademark but what about all the smaller companies? I'm not sure they should have to pay Google to prevent them from selling their trademark to the highest bidder. Is it "fair use"? I think not.

Re: Polarization [message #59168 is a reply to message #59167] Sat, 23 December 2006 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
In relative terms I agree we could have elected a worse leader than Bush, but in absolute terms I can't think of anything good to say about the leadership, or the lack thereof, he has provided. I didn't vote for Gore - he made me very nervous and still does. I did vote for Kerry, but only because I viewed him as the lesser of two evils. Nothing has happenned since then to cause me to question that choice.

Regarding your suggested candidates, I could support Rudy Giuliani or John McCain over anybody else I'm aware of, but I would choose Ralph Nader over Bush. That's how strongly I feel about the harm he has caused the country.

Re: Polarization [message #59181 is a reply to message #59168] Thu, 01 February 2007 22:37 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll tell you why I don't agree. I think the trouble in this country is much more diverse than the single office of the chief executive. Seems like every president is blamed, and it takes focus off the real problem, which is much more widespread. It's easy to blame a single target, because it's easy to concentrate on one thing. But the real problem is not there. It's the fact that we, the people, are allowing our freedoms to erode.

Previous Topic: Why I am not purchasing from MagneQuest
Next Topic: Lisa Nowak
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:20:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout