Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » The truth slowly coming out.
The truth slowly coming out. [message #59108] Wed, 06 September 2006 12:11 Go to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The Washington Post revealed last week that the person who actually leaked Valerie Plame's name was Richard Armitage, a former State Department official who was not entirely onboard with the Bush administration's plans to invade Iraq. Hardly someone who would out her to punish her husband.

Today The Washington Post editorial page said the following:

"It now appears that the person most responsible for the end of Ms. Plame's CIA career is Mr. Wilson. Mr. Wilson chose to go public with an explosive charge, claiming — falsely, as it turned out — that he had debunked reports of Iraqi uranium-shopping in Niger and that his report had circulated to senior administration officials."

Wonder how many Democrats here will be man enough to admit they were wrong?

Re: The truth slowly coming out. [message #59112 is a reply to message #59108] Wed, 06 September 2006 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I don't remmember anyone trying and convicting anyone over this; It was the administrations stonewalling that angered them; not any presumption of guilt. If they had no involvement why did they stonewall the investigation then? Read the stories carefully and you too will see.
All the Democrats wanted was answers; they never asked for anything else.

Re: The truth slowly coming out. [message #59113 is a reply to message #59112] Wed, 06 September 2006 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Of course. And I'm sure you'll be saying the same thing if Delay is found innocent as well.

Re: The truth slowly coming out. [message #59115 is a reply to message #59113] Wed, 06 September 2006 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Actually I won't because in that case I personally have a deep seated feeling that he is guilty. If not I will personally offer my profuse apologies and beg forgiveness for past transgressions. Some people; like Delay are born guilty and I can't disregard my gut instinct on this.
Rather than use words that might offend someone I will say this; he is a used car salesman. I recognise the breed.
I don't think there is a genuine bone in his body.
Doesn't all that phony born-again schtick ever irritate you at all? I feel like I am being sold on a life-insurance annuity policy or a time-share in Hoboken every time I hear the man speak.
I feel that same way with a lot of his cronies in the Senate and House whenever they start jawing.
The "Hammer"; Pulleeese. Give me a break.

Re: The truth slowly coming out. [message #59122 is a reply to message #59108] Fri, 08 September 2006 03:37 Go to previous message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
"Wilson chose to go public with an explosive charge, claiming — falsely, as it turned out — that he had debunked reports of Iraqi uranium-shopping in Niger"

Really? There's no point in correcting the record - I recommend even more truthiness!

Previous Topic: Whats next in line for the GOP?
Next Topic: The American Dream
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:40:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout