Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Whats next in line for the GOP?
Whats next in line for the GOP? [message #59096] Tue, 05 September 2006 19:27 Go to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Like him or not the president has emphasized the war on terror. I think keeping the country safe is wonderful. I would argue at what expense, none the less safety is a good thing.
With only a few years left in this administration, anyone care to chance at who is going to work on positioning for the GOP primary?
I'd like to see some issues like government cost, tax incentives for corps, term limits for house and senate, and immigration in the discussions.

Rudy Giuliani [message #59097 is a reply to message #59096] Tue, 05 September 2006 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
The guy's earned it......

Re: Rudy Giuliani [message #59098 is a reply to message #59097] Tue, 05 September 2006 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

I like what he stands for. I read that he isnt a favorite among people in power. Maybe things can pan out and he gets a nomination

Re: Rudy Giuliani [message #59099 is a reply to message #59098] Tue, 05 September 2006 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Republican voters seem to like him.....C

Re: Rudy Giuliani [message #59100 is a reply to message #59099] Tue, 05 September 2006 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Incredible how far in front of McCain in this particular pole. Does he have anything to say about foreign policy yet? I haven't seen anything specific. Foreign policy may be a key in the next election.

Hopefully, in the next election, the people will be looking farther than gun control, abortion and taxes.
(all good issues, just more to it)

Re: Rudy Giuliani [message #59101 is a reply to message #59100] Wed, 06 September 2006 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I likie Rudy but I am afraid he carries way too much baggage around. He doesn't have a shot but he could end up being a power broker for the Reps.
I like Russ Fiengold but he is a Jew so stands little chance to be elected.
Immigration will be the big question. The war in Iraq is pretty much marginalised as we see in the polls. The so-called war on terror never existed in the first place. The things the Bush white house did supposedly to combat terror; look at it. The OPatriot Act? Nothing. There has been no significant convictions of any terrorists so-far; they can't even figure out what to do with the guys in Guantanamo. The arrest rate of terrorists is down to a small fraction of what they did right after the 9/11 and most of those have been exonerated.
The Europeans have been dealing with this terrorism thing for 40 yrs and they let the police handle it and they do a good job. No; I don't see the "War" on terror being an issue in the Presidential election of 2008. By then we will be seriously in debt and taxes will have to be raised to cover the vig. That will be a big issue.
Education; when the middle class realises they can no longer afford to send their kids to college it will be screaming time from te electorate about that.
How to fund the re-building of the military now that we have squandered most of the equipment and forces inIraq and it wqill all have to be re-built.
Lots of retirement issues as these companies continue to eliminate retirement plans they promised the workers and more and more of those workers begin to look at retireing as they get older.

Re: Rudy Giuliani [message #59102 is a reply to message #59100] Wed, 06 September 2006 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I don't know what Mr. Giuliani has to say about foreign policy; I really don't care. In my opinion the key issues will be immigration, immigration and immigration.

Gun control and abortion are always polarizing issues and will always be there - no getting around them.....Colin

Re: Rudy Giuliani [message #59103 is a reply to message #59102] Wed, 06 September 2006 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Yes I agree with you Colin. I'd like to see more interest in other issues about the country other than the polarizing one, that absorb everyone's attention.

Also agreed, immigration issues are a big problem for me too. Foreign trade may also be a factor. I'm not looking to be the worlds police by any stretch, and I'm not looking to be a world negotiating keystone. I'd like to see something better than we have now.

Re: Rudy Giuliani [message #59104 is a reply to message #59100] Wed, 06 September 2006 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Rudy worked closely with The premier of Israel when he was in New York. He is a big supporter of Irael and it's place in the mideast. He also is a consumate negotiator and believes in diplomacy for all international relations.

Re: Rudy Giuliani [message #59106 is a reply to message #59101] Wed, 06 September 2006 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

The belt on middle class is starting to feel like a python.

Previous Topic: Border Patrol Agents Sued For Capturing Drug Smuggler
Next Topic: The truth slowly coming out.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:54:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio