Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Something I Think Needs to be Said
Something I Think Needs to be Said [message #59064] Sun, 20 August 2006 07:41 Go to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I know Wayne get's nervous about this forum, that it might have corrosive effects on the whole of ART and it's ability to avoid the fate of AA.

But speaking for myself, I think this particular forum is one of the most wonderful resources of the entire English speaking net. I know of no other place, and I began fumbling around with usenet over 15 years ago now, where INTELLIGENT people of different viewpoints can discuss events without the discussion turning into a ridiculous flame war.

Things verge on it sometimes. A too cryptic comment often leads to a perception of insult, but on the whole mutual respect and Wayne's moderating influence keep things from getting too out of hand.

I value this experience greatly. All of us are more than our common interst in audio. The ability this forum affords us to share conflicting thoughts and ideas is simply too rare in the cyber world.

Kudos and MANY thanks to Wayne for this resource.

Charlie DeLuca

Re: Something I Think Needs to be Said [message #59065 is a reply to message #59064] Sun, 20 August 2006 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Good show Charles; Wayne said this would be no holds barred and he stuck to it. Did the right thing.

Re: Something I Think Needs to be Said [message #59066 is a reply to message #59065] Mon, 21 August 2006 10:44 Go to previous message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Well said, Thanks to Wayne.

Thanks to all those with cool heads who contribute to the political rants and discussions

bill

Previous Topic: Now here's an interesting story
Next Topic: Hey, MB - is it true...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:03:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers