Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Photos from Birut being doctored by Popular Press Incl Reuters reporters
Photos from Birut being doctored by Popular Press Incl Reuters reporters [message #58992] Sat, 12 August 2006 16:59 Go to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Amazing. I knew that outsourcing news to lowly paid lossely coupled reporters with dubious ethics would lead to a loss of credibility. And this is it! http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=21956_Reuters_Doctoring_Photos_from_Beirut&only

Unbelievable. Be careful what we read/see in the media.
What;s next: fake video?
-akhilesh

Re: Photos from Birut being doctored by Popular Press Incl Reuters reporters [message #58993 is a reply to message #58992] Sat, 12 August 2006 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
That news is so old it has hair. I saw it months ago on CNN. They all do it. But mostly Fox.

Dude, they've sucked you in [message #58997 is a reply to message #58992] Sat, 12 August 2006 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Compare the photos online - they both have the same amount of smoke in them - the doctored picture has a little darker smoke.

How's that compare with the Bush people doctoring photographs to put Kerry and Jane Fonda side-by-side at an event when they didn't attend together?

They may drag me into the showers this time but I'm not going willingly.

Re: lots of lies [message #59005 is a reply to message #58992] Sun, 13 August 2006 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

the news feeds on them and the rest of us revolve on them.

let me ask you, do you see a difference between any of the sources?

Re: lots of lies [message #59006 is a reply to message #59005] Sun, 13 August 2006 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Based on this, I have lost faith in the images to some extent.
I trust Fox news more than, say, MSNBC (which is crap IMHO) , but all outlets are somewhat biased and spin the news somewhat.

Network news and mainstream journalism is at a credibility crisis in my opinion. Cable news is better. Thanks to the unprecedented suvccess of Fox news, CNN has had totighten their act a little too (though they are still quite biased). Fox news of course also puts a rosy slant on things, but at least I don;t think they lies, and they do show both sides.
IMHO of course.
-akhilesh

Re: lots of lies [message #59007 is a reply to message #59006] Sun, 13 August 2006 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Agreed, it wont be long before the credibility of news is on public trial. It's funny, ppl who watch CNN say Fox is biased and Fox ppl say CNN is biased. I guess I take it all with a grain and try and not stay beholden to one and only one.

More than anything. The need for so much information; and the presence of so much information is just bewildering. Talk about beating a dead horse. 24/7 of the same 'breaking news' on 30 news stations is just too much. Not much I can do other than not watch it all.

There has bee photo doctoring for advertising since George Eastman built a Brownie. Is new, new anymore? INMO, just another form of advertising. after all, they each have an agenda.

Re: lots of lies [message #59008 is a reply to message #59007] Sun, 13 August 2006 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Bill,
I agree with you. Bias on both sides, though I tend to lean to Fox.
IN the case of the recent conflict, not just photo doctoring but apprently using the smae people in different images etc. Downright fraud.

With new technology, I uess this was to be expected. Sigh.

More than ever, it;s integrity that has value now, not just meaningless bytes.
-akhilesh

Re:This is News? [message #59011 is a reply to message #59008] Sun, 13 August 2006 19:02 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Walt Disney did the same thing in all of his animal documentaries 50 yrs ago. He even invented the name for this administrationm; The Mickey Mouse Club.

Previous Topic: Funny How Everythings Quiet
Next Topic: Did Someone say Fox News Is Unbiased?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:14:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio