Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » You don't have to hate America
You don't have to hate America [message #58954] Sun, 06 August 2006 18:12 Go to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
to think it isn't worth the powder to blow it to hell.

Re: You don't have to hate America [message #58958 is a reply to message #58954] Mon, 07 August 2006 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I remember that we have "Industrial sociology" on the college (well, sociology adapted to the working places, concrete and interesting stuff).
And old professor told us that being right into some job/private problem/discussion isn`t enough, and even can be a dangerous thing.
Most of the people most of the time aren`t lead by the facts, but their attitudes - and those attitudes "modulate" the facts, and "mix" them with emotions...

Re: You don't have to hate America [message #58959 is a reply to message #58958] Mon, 07 August 2006 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
That is the point; I think both posts make; people really believe what they want to believe. Then they manufacture a whole schema to back it up. If you disagree they take it personally.
Hillary asks Rumsfeld; "You have been wrong so many times so far in this war why should we believe anything you say now?"
"Gosh; I don't think I ever painted a rosy picture of the outcome of this conflict."
Old Donny is like the husband caught in the bed with the babysitter. "I don't care what you saw; I didn't do it."

They cal it" Cognitive Dissonance", when something is obvious and evident and right in front of you and you still deny it is there.

Re: You don't have to hate America [message #58963 is a reply to message #58959] Mon, 07 August 2006 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
"who you gonna' believe - me or your lyin' eyes?"

Re: You don't have to hate America [message #58965 is a reply to message #58963] Tue, 08 August 2006 09:27 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats right; if you repeat a lie often enough people will begin to believe it.
I would like to see if people think the Iraq tri-partite government will grant autonomy to the Kurds or if there will be a serious war that drags in Turkey and Iran and the EU? Them Kurds can fight.

Previous Topic: A little beach reading
Next Topic: The roots of Hi-Fi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:48:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout