Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Survey
Survey [message #58926] Fri, 28 July 2006 03:48 Go to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Is the United States the most ridiculous country on earth?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14057957/

Or is it just the most pathetic?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14065706/

Re: Survey [message #58927 is a reply to message #58926] Fri, 28 July 2006 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
This type of "double moral" and idiotic behaviour more or less "rules" troughout the world, IMO.
It`s totally "normal" to have wars, to talk about it on TV, showing documentary films and pictures of destructions and dead people, concentration camps, killing and torturing - but, please - do not curse describing that?!
It`s totally "normal" to have movies on TV with killings, robberings, rapes ... but no sex please ... it`s "normal" to watch detectives series with body-autopsy, but please - no sex and sexual organs... ?!
It`s "normal" to see dead body on the cover of the magazine, but mother breasting her child isn`t normal?!
Culture of the death and no life, culture of the greed and no love, culture of material things and no spiritual values?

Re: Survey [message #58928 is a reply to message #58927] Fri, 28 July 2006 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
People can't imagine or understand the totall horror of these things. But they can relate to the simplemeinded moral structure they grew up with. So they focus on trivial inconsequential events while sanctioning the most depraved behaviours. Look at Israel demolishing Lebanons people and homes based on the abduction of two guys.
Look at America doing the same to Iraq based on a complete lie. Yet Janet jacksons breast caused more furor than the deaths by exposure and war of thousands of women and children so we can drive big cars.

Even more betterer... [message #58933 is a reply to message #58928] Sat, 29 July 2006 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
NOBODY saw Janet Jackson's breast during the live feed - I was there with my family, I was watching, and nobody in my living room saw it - it was on screen for less than a second - unless you could Tivo it you'd have no idea what they were talking about the next day.

And as a result PBS now says it's afraid to air Ken Burns' WWII documentary because some of the vets curse and each curse is a potential $350,000 fine for each broadcasting station.

Props to Damir - he summed up the situation quite well. Read the story below: the floor price of a miraculous artifact in America has now been determined - it's $900US

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man Finds 188-Year-Old Bible in Dump Bin

- - - - - - - - - - - -

July 29,2006 | DANVILLE, Va. -- Electrician Michael Hoskins is not averse to browsing when he drops off trash at the Route 41 dump bin, and a recent visit rewarded his curiosity. Hoskins said he discovered a 188-year-old King James Bible. Now he's fending off offers approaching $1,000 for the find.

"I go up there all the time to drop off my household trash, and there it was," Hoskins told the Danville Register & Bee. "There were three or four boxes of books leaning up against the concrete wall behind the Dumpsters," Hoskins said. "I found the Bible in four pieces, put them together and took it home."

While otherwise intact, the Bible appeared to have fire damage and had watermarks on some of its inner pages. The sheepskin-covered book was printed in Pittsburgh in 1818 and, according to Hoskins' research, is one of less than half dozen copies in existence.

"You can also see where it survived a fire at one time," he said. "I was always told a Bible wouldn't burn and have seen it before in other church and house fires."

Hoskins also looked into the Bible's history and discovered that it belonged to the Enoch family.

"So, I also did research on the Internet and found a descendant of Isaac Enoch listed in the Bible," Hoskins said.

Enoch was born on Jan. 25, 1775, and he and his children are listed on the outer pages.

"I talked to a man named James Lockhart in Coolville, Ohio, and he claims to be a direct descendant of Isaac," Hoskins said.

The two talked for several hours, and 71-year-old Lockhart told Hoskins that he has researched his family genealogy for 40 years and always felt there had to be a family Bible out there.

"I mailed him copies of the family history from the Bible, and he said it helped him fill in some of the gaps in his research," Hoskins said.

With word spreading on his discovery, Hoskins said he's had offers from rare book shops and others, all of which he's resisted.

"No, this Bible has made it through a lot. I am going to hold on to it for now. I will sell for the right price, but $900 is not realistic, not with only six of them left in existence."

His discovery early in July was found amid boxes of literary works on the Revolutionary and Civil Wars. He returned the next day to retrieve them.

"All of the books were gone, and the containers had already been sent to the landfill. So that's where the Bible would have ended up had it not been saved," Hoskins said.

--__

Information from: Danville Register & Bee, http://www.registerbee.com

Re: Even more betterer... [message #58934 is a reply to message #58933] Sat, 29 July 2006 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes and guess what; polls show that the percentage of people who think Saddam supported AL Queada and sent Osama to blow up the Towers is rising. People are more convinced now that AlQueada was an Iraqi group than they were in 2003. Tell a lie often enough and it becomes truth. Do we have to be subjected to such idiocy without the right to deport anyone convicted of stupidity in politics? You should have to vote and you should have to pass a rigourous test on current events to get your voting permitt.
Yet these yokels know all about history and mankind; they learned it in the Bible. The earth is 4k years old; everyone knows that.

Re: Survey - more idiots [message #58942 is a reply to message #58926] Fri, 04 August 2006 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I`m 100% sure that those who wrote these letters against breasting the children didn`t wrote against those wars and 37 dead children in Khana, just in one bombed building. Fucking idiots.

Re: Survey - more idiots [message #58943 is a reply to message #58942] Fri, 04 August 2006 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
When my wife was pregnant with my son; my friend Dave tried her breastmilk; (from the pump; not her breast). He said it tasted sweet. I didn't have the balls to do it. Wonder why that is? Some bodybuilders swear by breastmilk as a health food.
That picture didn't even show the breast just a side view. People never grow up; but they get to vote for president; scary ain't it?

Re: Survey - more idiots [message #58944 is a reply to message #58943] Sat, 05 August 2006 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
"Some bodybuilders swear by breastmilk as a health food."

I don`t like bodybuilders, too.

Re: Survey - more idiots [message #58945 is a reply to message #58944] Sat, 05 August 2006 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hey Damir; whats going on over there this summer? I hear it's a hot tourist spot now. Truely.

Re: Survey - more idiots [message #58946 is a reply to message #58945] Sat, 05 August 2006 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Yeah, millions of tourists...although hotels and other infrastucture still aren`t 100% up to the task in many places on the coast, other things are nice, from nature to the safety. There`re a brand new higways, and I noticed that many families with small children from the whole Europe travel here.
But, as you know - part of the Croatia where I live is part where even God said "Good night"...the whole district is in bankruptcy, thanks to the some politicians and their "games"...

Previous Topic: This economy has the fed all twisted up
Next Topic: A little beach reading
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:06:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout