Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » I can't Believe This
Re: I can't Believe This [message #58813 is a reply to message #58812] Thu, 22 June 2006 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats because you take yourself too seriously. If you accept the fact that we are here only a short time and the only things of real importance are your health and the health of your family; then it gets easier.
If we are constrained by arbitrary; self-imposed rules devised by religous or societal directives then we cant act in a truthfull manner. We become examples of someone elses agenda.
Like handguns. We as people know they are bad; so as a reasonable person we surrender that priviledge in order to make people safer.
Or instead we really like playing with them; so when we are asked to sacrifice that pleasure for the common good we get all riled up and crow about some ill-concieved, manufactured interpretation of our rights. Then hostility grows regarding those who ask for that sacrifice and BAM; high blood pressure and subliminated anger.
Instead if we just admitt that the real reason we are against gun control is because we like to play with guns then we feel better and more comfortable with ourselves. This is just an example to illustrate what I mean.
Not accepting the responsibility or the reality of a situation is bad for the heart and causes arterial sclerosis.

Re: I can't Believe This [message #58814 is a reply to message #58813] Thu, 22 June 2006 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Did you hear that NY is the most polite town on Earth, based on some new research?

Re: I can't Believe This [message #58815 is a reply to message #58814] Thu, 22 June 2006 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Here is my take on that. NY has always been the easiest place to live in regards to people and how we have to deal with them on a daily basis. One; NY natives have the best sense of humor outside of people from England.
Two; NY'ers are quick on the draw. One of the most difficult adjustments for me when I lived out of state was the pace; how you would find yourself finishing peoples sentences or holding your breath in anticipation of some kind of resolution of the thought before you croaked.
Three NY'ers are used to adversity. Most of us have lived with a fast expensive and difficult lifestyle and as a result we can adapt easily to situations where others might have difficulty.
Four; we are exposed to every type kind and style of person and experience on earth on a daily basis. So we are not easily flustered or thrown for a loop; confused or disoriented.
Five; the schools are good here and even the IQ challenged are at least somewhat competent and experienced.
Thats my take on the subject of why stay here even though it is so damned expensive and crowded and half the time you can't even get off the island.

All that and you're modest too [message #58816 is a reply to message #58815] Fri, 23 June 2006 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

"Don't take yourself too damn seriously"

Re: All that and you're modest too [message #58817 is a reply to message #58816] Fri, 23 June 2006 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
What does modesty have to do with it? It is what it is. I didn't create it; I just live here. So how can my personal modesty mean anything?
Now crowing as loud as you can about designing the "Most Powerfull Subwoofer In The World",,,,thats where modesty could have been more gainfully employed.

Re: All that and you're modest too [message #58818 is a reply to message #58817] Fri, 23 June 2006 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Tell you what. Find something to prove me wrong on my comments. Try it. Find something more powerful than the 12π and bring it out to the next Prosound Shootout to demonstrate, or any of the other similar events around the country for that matter.

While you're at it, I'll look around here and see if I can't find a person or two that thinks you're a smug, arrogant prick, annoyingly obsessed with arguing politics and picking fights. How's that sound?

Re: All that and you're modest too [message #58820 is a reply to message #58818] Fri, 23 June 2006 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well the problem with that is two-fold as I see it. One; you have an unproveable hypothesis since to be considered the best in the world you can't just claim you ARE the best in the world and then tell the world to prove you are not. You have to prove that you are.
Example; Mohammad Ali was critisised for saying he was the best in the world; but he found challengers then met them in battle and defeated them. He offered a challenger lots of money to beat him or even fight him. He went wherever he was told there was a challenger; including the Phillipines and Zaire. He didn't sit somewhere and demand that the people come to him and prove he was wrong.
I tell you what; offer some serious cash to anyone who can best your stats and we'll see what happens.
The second part is I don't agree with the smug part and the prick part; although I can sound arrogant at times. And i can't argue politics because no one will provide a reasonable premise to refute any arguments I may offer. Arguments require two sides of a point; not just saying someone is wrong.

Re: All that and you're modest too [message #58821 is a reply to message #58818] Fri, 23 June 2006 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
very nice. I liked it better when you stayed behind the curtain and only answered all the post from your other forums.

Is this your new effort in peace keeping? LOL

Time for the cartoons... :-) [message #58822 is a reply to message #58820] Fri, 23 June 2006 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Re: Time for the cartoons... :-) [message #58823 is a reply to message #58822] Fri, 23 June 2006 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Man; you had to make me look at that! Jeez D-Man, what are you thinking.

Previous Topic: Progress
Next Topic: Suspected Terror Cell
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:35:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout