Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » I can't Believe This
Re: A few more things :-) [message #58803 is a reply to message #58802] Wed, 21 June 2006 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Sounds like Elygia; I would like to live there.

I really dont think you have an accurate picture of this situation we have here. The impression I get is you seem to think there is a nice little community of innocent hard-working families from Mexico just behaving in tolerant ways and working hard to become good citizens here in their adopted land. That may be true somewhere in Oz; but not here.
A coupke truths; more than 20% of the most hardened criminals in our jails in more than ten states are illegals; the murderers; rapists; torturers etc.
There are more than 13 MILLION of them here; working off the books and clogging up the schools and hospitals. In one town close by me there has been a movie documentary made describing the houses where 30 or more people live; the sewage floating down what used to be clean suburban streets.
Most of the illegals are men between the ages of 16 and 40; alone because their families are back in Mexico. All of our citzens pay a big tacx to support these people while their money does not go into making homes here in their adopted country; it goes back into Mexico. While we support them.
The estimate for the average wage that is depressed by a very significant amount affects mostly the poorest members of our country. They must suffer the consequences of this invasion. You my friend are on a forum where a very small minority opinion gets big play. That Americans are welcoming of these invaders and happy to see them succeed here.
Most of the real world here is made up of people who paid into Social Security and Medicare their whole working lives a significant amount of money every paycheck so that their families and friends would be cared for when the became old and unable to work. These hordes of illegals are burning our saftey net we worked for every day.
So if you are real enough to challenge my thinking here then maybe you will be real enough to answer one question (although I wont get my expectations of that happening too high); and that one question is;
Why dont they stay in their country and work hard to make that a better place to live in for their families they left behind?

Re: I can't Believe This [message #58804 is a reply to message #58800] Wed, 21 June 2006 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Let me see if I got this right. 663--- refugees in, 223--- refugees out.
So that leaves 400--- left in Croatia that werent there before.
You say the pop. is 4.5 million.
So we have 250 million citizens of which over 13 million are illegal and that is a very conservative figure. So where is the comparison? What is the average age grouping; since different ages require different amounts and types of social aid. We are told over 20 billion dollars disappears every year due to illegals not paying taxes not paying hospital bills not paying rent not paying school bills etc etc.

Re: I can't Believe This [message #58805 is a reply to message #58801] Wed, 21 June 2006 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Oh; I am sure thats not really you; just those posts are so...Mr Rogers. Its great stuff.
You gotta hear Murrays version its a scream.
Its a beautifull day in the neighborhood; ehh?

Re: I can't Believe This [message #58806 is a reply to message #58805] Wed, 21 June 2006 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Actually it is me. It's just that I can chose to react to things in many ways. There is the way I would want to act, then there's he way I might act if something really pisses me off. I'd rather act as my better self but then again...

Re: I can't Believe This [message #58807 is a reply to message #58804] Thu, 22 June 2006 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I`d like to answer, but don`t know the exact numbers - only estimating that there`re about 10% of the new population here, mostly from Bosnia. No one knows - most of them get Croatian documents... How many people are on some form of social aid, including early retirement...a lot. There`re a very bad situation about jobs and wages, corruption, everything.
Most of the industry is destroyed (in war or "privatisation"), especially in some parts of the country...not a good picture, really - we have a large debts and credits.
Health care has large debts, too - but, hey - isn`t everything bad. The parliament remited the debts (about $120 millions) to soccer clubs. Well, they didn`t payed the taxes or anything for years...some wicked persons said that this is not a sport anyway, but mafia-politics-business...
Hey, but what`s $120 millions of taxes when it`s World`s Cup...show must go on...

Re: A few more things :-) [message #58808 is a reply to message #58803] Thu, 22 June 2006 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
This situation is everywhere in Europe - people from poor countries migrated to the richest (EU). It is the problem, see the Germany, France... I don`t know the answer - how to stop the poverty, unjustice, political chaos and wars in other countries... In the world where probably 90% of people live not so good, you can`t stop the migrations for the better life...nor reach countries can build the iron walls - better to somehow help, politically and economically...

Re: I can't Believe This [message #58809 is a reply to message #58806] Thu, 22 June 2006 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
See thats probably where we differ. I am the same way all the time. When you work or play or live or meet with me you always know exactly who I am and what I stand for. No surprises here; just the same old me.
Like Popeye says;
"I yam what I yam and Thats All what I yam."
I've always felt it more important people know what to expect than to lead them on.

Re: I can't Believe This [message #58810 is a reply to message #58807] Thu, 22 June 2006 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yeah; my son started watching the World Cup and now he has me interested. Over here it doesn't get the attention that it does in the rest of the world. He doesn't play but he played when he was younger for a few years.

Re: A few more things :-) [message #58811 is a reply to message #58808] Thu, 22 June 2006 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats the stock answer and BTW thanks for answering at all; thats hard to come by around here; answers I mean.
But again; Mexico is a big country with lots of natural resources. The people are hardworking and families are close support systems.
The real reason they are coming in droves lies in their inability to create and maintain a serious government. Their government has managed to create a society where the top 1% of the population holds 90% of the wealth. And that is the same direction we in the U.S. are going. They may end up out of the fat and into the fire if the bush administration continues to get the right to decimate the middle class here.
And one other thing; your situation is a little different in that the people who are coming into your country are refugees; a humanitarian effort is made on their part. These people here are here to benefit economically due to their allowance of such wealth disparity in Mexico.

Re: I can't Believe This [message #58812 is a reply to message #58809] Thu, 22 June 2006 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yes, I do too. But I try to be polite and tactful. That isn't always easy in some situations. And in fact, sometimes I can't do it.

Previous Topic: Progress
Next Topic: Suspected Terror Cell
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 11:00:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout