Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Progress
Re: I Apologize [message #58753 is a reply to message #58752] Fri, 16 June 2006 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I meant some of my LANGUAGE was unduly harsh.

Re: I Apologize [message #58755 is a reply to message #58753] Fri, 16 June 2006 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You dont have to apologise; we're all men here. Where in NYC were you?
If I may ask.

Re: I Apologize [message #58756 is a reply to message #58755] Fri, 16 June 2006 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Manhattan
53rd & eighth. Just off broadway. Cool place to live!
Esp since eighth avenue wasn;t gentrified yet.
( i lived there 1991-1992 before Juliani's jack booted thugs cleared the city out & made it one GIANT coffee shop.)
-akhilesh

Re: I Apologize [message #58757 is a reply to message #58756] Fri, 16 June 2006 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; yeah but then families had a hard time manuevering the kids around the crack whores and junkies. I lived on 181st and Amsterdam back in the 80s; nice place. So you attended Columbia?
Gulliani did the right thing. Unless you wanted to score; then he could be a problem. Come on we can only be young once; its a better place now.
But whats really interesting is what you enjoy about where you are now verses where you were. Unless that topic is off limits also.

Re: I like cartoons [message #58758 is a reply to message #58749] Fri, 16 June 2006 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You know I tried posting a couple things I thought were funny; pictures and cartoons. But then I felt like a fool; I said to myself; what the heck? Who wants to look at this stuff; nobody. Some poor slob clicks on a post thinking it is a real reply and .....nothing. Just something dumb. At least thats what I thought.

Re: And another thing. [message #58759 is a reply to message #58751] Fri, 16 June 2006 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, the only one thing is interesting here - do you really have the "B&W tunnel vision", or just have no problem in distorting other people`s words just to somehow "prove" that you are "right" and "win the debate" by all means?
You know very well what I posted so far...many places where I`ve been, music, religion, jokes... and I don`t "basically eliminated all conversation from being allowed".

Of, course, your post about this issues must be final...

An old saying....... [message #58760 is a reply to message #58758] Fri, 16 June 2006 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
A picture's worth a thousand words......

Pictures, cartoons, stories, etc. are a great way to make us laugh. I, for one, come here to get away. Subjects here are too heavy, too emotional. I look forward to Damir's pictures. I look forward to things that make me smile. I've been there and done that. Nothing surprises me anymore. I think mankind, at heart, is good, but life is not what it used to be. I am making my corner of the world a nice place. On a macroscale, I could really give a shit. In my cosmos, it really doesn't matter........

Re: And another thing. [message #58761 is a reply to message #58759] Fri, 16 June 2006 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; thats what I thought. Then you tell me no personal information. Unless I read that post wrong. If you look at the post I ask what we can post about. Thats a question; so if I ask you a question; how can I be "right" or "Wrong"?
As far as winning"debates", there hasnt been a debate. You have to have a premise on each side in order to have a debate. So far there has only been a premise on one side. The other side has only been a defense. So I guess maybe you could call it a trial? I dont know what else we could call it; but it aint no debate.
I still have no answer to any of the original questions; just diversions. Thats why its boring; no sharing of opinion.

Re: An old saying....... [message #58762 is a reply to message #58760] Fri, 16 June 2006 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Wow; thats a side of you we havent seen. The philosopher. I feel the complete opposite; at heart I think mankind is a cold blooded killer; and life is exactly the same as it ever was.
But when we mature the things that make us laugh usually become somewhat more involved. Otherwise we would still be laughing at ...what? I leave it to your imagination to remmember what we laughed at as kids.
Emotional; Politics is emotional? Not here it aint, we havent had anything remotely like a politcal discussion that I can see.
But I like the picture in my mind of you forming a cozy little microcosm within your personal sphere of influence. Breath blue....breath blue....

Re: I Apologize [message #58776 is a reply to message #58756] Sat, 17 June 2006 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I forgot to offer my condolences that you couldn't make it here in New York. I know it's hard and it looks like you gave it the old college try, but it isn't for everyone. Its a tough town and not easy to live in.
It seems you have made a good life in OK despite the lack of basic amenities and for that I am glad.
Good Luck.

Previous Topic: virus
Next Topic: I can't Believe This
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:57:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers