Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » It is good to know
It is good to know [message #58716] Thu, 15 June 2006 18:12 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
That there are some people who are aware of what constitutes our government here in America. So many are ignorant of how their government works and that definately puts a chill in the quality of their understanding and committment to Democracy.
When people have wrong ideas about govt; thats when the bad guys win. It is so easy to confuse the mis-informed and manipulate the weak-minded in these issues. I believe thats how bush was re-elected. I think people still mis-understood the Iraq war as a war on terror rather than what it really was.
Very sad. There should be classes for those of the confused persuasion.

Re: It is good to know [message #58721 is a reply to message #58716] Fri, 16 June 2006 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
"There should be classes for those of the confused persuasion."

Run by the extremist LEFTists no doubt.

Re: It is good to know [message #58725 is a reply to message #58716] Fri, 16 June 2006 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

My God, that was insulting. I used to get E-mails from regulars and sponsors saying they felt the Dungeon was a one man soap box and they didn't appreciate it. Now, most just look the other way. I wish you would stop being a political voice here because it isn't pleasant for those that don't agree with you. That's at least half the people on the planet. You're not going to be able to convince everyone to become an atheist democrat.

I don't like these political discussions because they become so insulting. It isn't my job to convert others to my religion or my philosophies. I don't like it when others make it their crusade either. It's arrogant, insulting and annoying.

Re: It is good to know [message #58727 is a reply to message #58721] Fri, 16 June 2006 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I wouldn't know; I don't know any of them.

Re: It is good to know [message #58729 is a reply to message #58725] Fri, 16 June 2006 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I am not an atheist democrat; why would you say that? You don't know me; and truthfully you couldn't figure me out with a roadmap.

Re: It is good to know [message #58730 is a reply to message #58729] Fri, 16 June 2006 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Your posts have regularly taken the position of an atheist and of a democrat.

Re: It is good to know [message #58731 is a reply to message #58730] Fri, 16 June 2006 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Atheist? I don't think so. Democrat, sure some of my beliefs coincide with that party; and some don't. I find it is better not to label individuals unless you know for sure; but instead to discuss ideas.

Re: It is good to know [message #58733 is a reply to message #58731] Fri, 16 June 2006 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sure, John. Here's an idea. You aren't going to be able to convice others here that there is no God or that they should become democrats. Another idea is that badgering and attacking people makes them uncomfortable and isn't going to win any converts to your ideals.

Re: It is good to know [message #58734 is a reply to message #58731] Fri, 16 June 2006 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
You said, "I'm not a religous guy...." Not an atheist statement, but your posts do come off that way at times.....

Re: It is good to know [message #58737 is a reply to message #58734] Fri, 16 June 2006 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats true and I do read the bible. Those monks in the 13th century had a beautifull command of the language and the Jewish philosophers who wrote the old testament knew a few things about human nature.
You know I knew as soon as I saw your moniker there would be a quote from me there. I am flattered you chose a particularly good one. It really does reflect my thinking.
Is there only two ways to be; atheist or believer? What about if you just don't have any thoughts about it at all? What if you don't either believe or not believe?
If there is a god then I am sure no one knows his mind; because if they did they would be God. If there isn't a god then it really doesn't matter then does it?
So I find all the silly posturing regarding who believes what to be useless.

Previous Topic: Oklahoma
Next Topic: The Vinegar Tasters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:08:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout