Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Man I hate to do this...
Re: Unarmed populations [message #58607 is a reply to message #58606] Mon, 12 June 2006 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So I assume that means there are no boundaries regarding weapons? Or if not then what would you prohibit?

Re: Unarmed populations [message #58608 is a reply to message #58607] Mon, 12 June 2006 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I would not ban handguns at all. I would also not ban rifles. I think I would probably ban automatic weapons, or maybe only those exceeding a certain firing rate. Bombs, bazookas and missles probably should be allowed only by permit.

Re: Unarmed populations [message #58609 is a reply to message #58608] Mon, 12 June 2006 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Let me ask; is it true they buy semi-automatic rifles then file down the pin and convert them?
Do you own handguns?
The gun lobby fights the legal attempts at banning auto-matic weapons; how do you feel about that?
If you donated money to the NRA and they supported automatic weapons legalisation would you rescind the donation?
I just need to see exactly where the limits are.

Re: Unarmed populations [message #58610 is a reply to message #58609] Mon, 12 June 2006 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

John, my standpoint is that there should be hand guns allowed by permit; with strict procedures to be followed. NY has a tough gun permit program. Used to be you couldn't get a permit for NYC area either. Some states all you need is a drivers license and you can have a hand gun. maybe you have to wait a week now! I think that's a little 'loose' some states you cant even get a carry permit, a permit to take the handgun to a target range only is allowed. That's a little 'strict' the way I see it. I used to have a bunch of handguns but not anymore. but if I want to get another someday I'd like to be able to do that.

By allowing guns by permit. I think the police should crack down on illegally held guns and give these people the death penalty. They are a menace to society and cause nothing but heart ache and sorry, pain and suffering. Get a permit, take a safety course, guns are not to be cool or to just fuck around with.

Re: Unarmed populations [message #58614 is a reply to message #58610] Tue, 13 June 2006 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes; thats the other real solution. If we can't ban them; strict restrictions and heavy penalties for illegal posession is a viable alternative and good law.
Makes sense to me. I'd like to go further but I see the fairness in that.

Here's a thought [message #58618 is a reply to message #58592] Tue, 13 June 2006 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
WOuld you prefer that these perpetrators used knives to intimidate their victims? Or baseball bats?
In a duel between a little old lady and a 250 lb gorrilla perp, i'd prefer the choice of weapon be handgun rather than knife or baseball bats, if I were the little old lady.

As they said, Colonel Colt made everyone equal.

John, You should be aware that rifles are FAR more lethal than handguns (they can kill people at far greater ranges) and overall in the WORLD, far more people die through rifles than handguns (look at all the conflict zones in the world).
The world would be a MUCH better place if ther were no rifles (at least according to your ethos). Maybe you should start by giving away (or destroying) your rifles as a start to making this world a better place.
What do you say?
-akhilesh

Re: Here's a thought [message #58620 is a reply to message #58618] Tue, 13 June 2006 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
AK thanks for your valued input as always. But in this case if you look down the thread these arguments have been expressed already and answered numerous times. If I repeat it all i run the risk of boring the hell out of everyone. I would like to hear your commentary on the positions stated in this thread though. A few posts down is a good start.
Lot of stuff to read down there!

Re: Here's a thought [message #58621 is a reply to message #58620] Tue, 13 June 2006 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
"If I repeat it all i run the risk of boring the hell out of everyone"

I am so tempted but I will pass!

akhilesh

Re: Here's a thought [message #58624 is a reply to message #58621] Tue, 13 June 2006 16:39 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Of course; thats why I made it so obvious. Otherwise someone might have jumped on that.
Like shooting ducks ina barrell.

Previous Topic: FBI Violent Crime report released today
Next Topic: U.S.A.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:21:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers