Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Clearing The Air
Re: "You can run but you can't hide" [message #58526 is a reply to message #58525] Thu, 08 June 2006 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
My friend; you say very little but you imply a lot about how you feel about things. What you imply is so very different from anything in my experience that when we speak I become curious about your views. Then of course you immediatly clam up; or divert the topic to something benign. I suspect you take those precuations because you would choose not to have such extreme views available for anyones inspection on a public forum. I respect that.
But badgering?? That was my term in a humorous way to illustrate what I think you would find amusing.
As far as ultimatums?? Now you are joshing me; right? Listen we had a little conversation and I am curious about what you think about the topic. If you don't want to share those thoughts; what can I do? The complaint was the dismissive manner in which you handled it; but no problems it's all forgotten. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have a conversation regarding these things; it just doesn't seem to be your cup of tea. Since you were the only one who responded to the post at first; well then who else would I have talked to? If we both agreed on things there would be nothing to talk about.
Alls well that ends well.

Extreme views [message #58527 is a reply to message #58526] Thu, 08 June 2006 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Wayne has "extreme views?" Are we reading the same posts?

I think it's time to cool down, [message #58528 is a reply to message #58521] Thu, 08 June 2006 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
"Only the ones who have to ride on your coatails when you post. "

John,

I don;t know who yu mean by riding on coattails..but if you mean that my posts usually agree with wayne's then there is a simple explanation.
I've found it's better to learn from someone with experience(like Wayne) rather than argue for the sake of it. That's not my style.
i don;t think you have ever met Wayne but he is very knowledgeable & experienced about speakers & audio stuff in general, and also clearly spearates objective & subjective aspects. While folks can disagree on subjective aspects all day long, and I am pretty sure he & I do have different subkective tastes, it would be really foolish on my part to question or disagree with his posts that usually deal with objective issues. Unless he makes a mistake & I catch it, which really hasn;t happened yet.

I think it's best to cool off now, don't you? The reason I post here at ART is to avoid flaming, so I am not going ot be argumentative anymore. I could argue politics all day long, but not really into that.
-akhilesh

Re: Extreme views [message #58529 is a reply to message #58527] Fri, 09 June 2006 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Why; are you representing him counselor?
Eliminate all safety restriction and laws? Not too extreme.
Teach religion in the schools? Not so far out.
Let people work off the books and not pay taxes on income? Hmmm.
Allow everyone to strap their Tech nines to the shopping mall...
Eliminate the social safety net; leave the poor people with nothing?
Few more there.
For the record I thought we were done with this.

Re: I think it's time to cool down, [message #58530 is a reply to message #58528] Fri, 09 June 2006 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
No; that was not directed towards you at all; that one was for Colin; look at the sequence of posts. If he had something to say to me he should have said it to me; not to anyone else.
But there are no flames here; riding on someones coatails doesn't sound too bad to me; remmember, truth is an absolute defense against libel.
I was upfront with you about asking me questions without offering to answer any yourself and you responded accordingly. So we solved that as adults. So what is the problem with that?
No; all I see is a group of folks who have been posting for many years together having a spirited discussion. Nothing wrong with that; at least not from my end.
When the 12th round bell rings; everyone is friends again.

Re: I think it's time to cool down, [message #58531 is a reply to message #58530] Fri, 09 June 2006 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Okay, sounds good buddy!
-akhilesh

Citations [message #58532 is a reply to message #58529] Fri, 09 June 2006 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
You agreed with 2 out of 5 points. What's so extreme about this?

Re: Citations [message #58533 is a reply to message #58532] Fri, 09 June 2006 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Which 2?

2 non-extreme points [message #58534 is a reply to message #58533] Fri, 09 June 2006 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
1) Eliminate all safety restriction and laws? Not too extreme.
2) Teach religion in the schools? Not so far out.

Re: 2 non-extreme points [message #58535 is a reply to message #58534] Fri, 09 June 2006 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I hope there is more to this. I honestly thought you had something there and expected to see a couple things I wrote that would contradict what I said. I really thought I would be defending myself here. This is disappointing unless you are holding the big guns in abeyance waiting for my reply?
You know what I would like to see; someone actually explain the viability of these positions.

Previous Topic: Ya' know what really pisses me off?
Next Topic: Nice discussion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:24:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout