Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Guns
Re: Guns [message #58501 is a reply to message #58480] Thu, 08 June 2006 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Not to offend anyone, especially you Akhilesh, as I consider you a friend, but one gun many times is not enough for hunting. Different guns have different capabilities as far as range, knockdown power, etc. While you most certainly could dispatch an elk with a 30-06, if you were hunting antelope you would basically destroy any meat that could be utilized. When open range hunting of coyotes is done, you want a small caliber rifle such as a 22-250, because it shoots very flat at extended distances and tends to cause little damage to the pelt. Any larger rifle will do more damage resulting in a loss of $$$ for said pelt. Now a deer could be killed with a 22-250 with a proper shot placement, but in Ks a 243 is minimum required caliber. So now you've went from a 400 yard gun to a 200 yard gun if you factor in proper shot placement. A marginal hit for any reason and you've just given yourself a long hard day of tracking and a wounded animal which is not good. As a person who's been hunting since he was old enough to carry a gun (read 7)I know better than to think you can own just one rifle for hunting purposes, unless you only hunt one species, and that is a different matter altogether. And if you're a target shooter, many ranges won't let you shoot anything bigger than a 22.

Re: Guns [message #58503 is a reply to message #58498] Thu, 08 June 2006 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
No one owes me anything; but to post and run is not crickett. What you posted was if you read it a screed against all laws that conflict with the things you want to do. So I ask why would you say those things; you know that by getting your rights in these issues you must trample someone elses rights. If you teach your religion in the schools someone else's religion is shunned; if you get the right to smoke in public someones kid has to breath that smoke.
So I ask what about that?
I don't see any insults; if I did I would of course be a gentleman and apologise.

Re: Guns [message #58504 is a reply to message #58495] Thu, 08 June 2006 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You can't carry a loaded handgun on your person without a permitt here. Also It is pretty safe; where I am and in Manhattan; just some of the outer boroughs are tough. Mayor Guilliani chased the bad guys out yrs ago.

Re: Guns [message #58506 is a reply to message #58503] Thu, 08 June 2006 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Look back through your posts, John. We're friends, so I tell you about it hoping to mend things. The thing is, you've basically said that we all owe you an explanation and we don't. If Shane says he believes in Christ, he doesn't owe you an explanation why. If I tell you that I like a leaner, less intrusive government, I don't owe you a debate. And if you try to needle any of us by saying that we're cowards not to reply, or insult us by saying we cannot defend our positions 'cause we don't know what we're talking about, I find that just a little bit over the top.

Re: Guns [message #58507 is a reply to message #58506] Thu, 08 June 2006 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I am sorry but I don't see anything resembling an insinuation that you have no defense because you don't know what you are talking about. All I see is a question I asked regarding how you would accomodate those who don't share your beliefs in the schools and in the government. You expressed the things you did not like. I ask how would you change them. It's called compromise. Thats what I asked; how to accomodate everyones religion if you want that in the schools. No Plan; you just want it. I still have not read any kind of example; or approach that would accept everyone. Shane is allowed to believe in anything he wants; but he can't force it on another mans son.
And thats the repsonse I can't sem to get; exactly how you will help those who don't believe things your way? Thats the only reason I persue this at all; because if you have a sense of fairness you must accept that your way is not everyones way. Thats why we keep those things out of schools; thats why we vote to have no smoking rules and all the rest. Because it infringes on anothers rights to allow that.
So again; Why should I worry about getting shot by an angry motorist because you want to carry guns?
Why should I watch you work off the books while I pay taxes? Which religion will the schools permitt in the classroom? Why should your smoking habit hurt my breathing and cost me money? Why should I surrender Social Security so you can try being an investor and if your investments go south; now I as a taxpayer will have to support you anyway; even though you stopped paying into the plan? You should have no problem telling me the plan for all this.
I don't get the whole concept. So I asked. Thats all.

As you say [message #58509 is a reply to message #58507] Thu, 08 June 2006 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

• "I think the thing about listening to someone express their opinions and beliefs while not wanting to express your own is a self-esteem issue."
  • "I answer anything; no one else seems to want to express their beliefs."
  • "Wayne; So you ran out of ideas? Why disrespect me like that? I gave you the courtesey of a real answer. Even Mr Vinyl never resorted to such simpleminded tactics; at least he had the cojones to defend his position."
  • "I am doing all the answering; while you answer my questions with another question. Same with Wayne; soon as I ask how he feels about things the conversation ends."
  • "Now you are being deliberately silly. If you dont have an answer then say so; thats just childish."
  • Re: As you say [message #58513 is a reply to message #58509] Thu, 08 June 2006 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Illuminati (13th Degree)
    Just can't tell what the things you say might mean and i guess I never will find out. Learn not to take what you say seriously; I should know better.
    Back to the cartoons.

Re: As you say [message #58517 is a reply to message #58513] Thu, 08 June 2006 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Illuminati (33rd Degree)

This is an audio messageboard, John.

Re: And the rude repitition [message #58520 is a reply to message #58517] Thu, 08 June 2006 14:42 Go to previous message
    Illuminati (13th Degree)
    Very clever.

Previous Topic: OK so I know now not to take anything you say serious.
    Next Topic: O'Kay; case closed.
    Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 04:19:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
    DIY Audio Projects
    OddWatt Audio
    OddWatt Audio
    Pi Speakers
    Pi Speakers
    Prosound Shootout
    Prosound Shootout