Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Guns
Re: Guns [message #58450 is a reply to message #58441] Wed, 07 June 2006 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
YOu should surrender those guns then (based on your earlier statements re: how you do not believe common people should not have guns). Unless you believe you are special and should be allowed to have them while others should not?

I believe New York has a good buy back program, esp the city.
Aren't you suppose dto register them & get licenses as well. Hope you are conforming to all those laws enacted by the home of the statue of liberty.
-akhilesh

-akihlesh

Re: Guns [message #58451 is a reply to message #58449] Wed, 07 June 2006 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
IMO - "average" gun owner in the long run has much more chance to shoot himself (accidentaly or suicide), the member of the family (arguing+gun in the pocket), someone else `cos of small incident (traffic, bar, work, etc.); then to somehow defend himself of thieves/killers or so.

Re: Guns [message #58452 is a reply to message #58449] Wed, 07 June 2006 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Agreed on that part. I have 20+ guns and not one handgun. I don't like them in the house with kids, even locked up. Too easy to play with if gotten ahold of. Of course rifles and shotguns are as well, but I've seen too many people get hurt with handguns by being irresponsible. My home defense weapon is one of my selfbows. More quiet than a gun, can be ready in 5 seconds, and just as effective. Leaves a smaller mess as well. Can you imagine the look on an intruder's face upon getting shot with an arrow?

Re: Guns [message #58453 is a reply to message #58451] Wed, 07 June 2006 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Absolutely true; but if you try to tell that to the gunslingers they tell you stories about all the homeowners who defended their homes. Its all BS but you cant win with these guys. They want their guns; I am sure any 250$ an hour shrink could tell them why in twenty or thirty sessions.

Re: Guns [message #58455 is a reply to message #58452] Wed, 07 June 2006 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats a reasonable approach. I have a 30-06 and a 22 repeating rifle in the house. I know though that if someone wants to break in I will be asleep and he would shoot me before I could even reach a gun; or worse, shoot someone in the family with my gun.
I would really like to see how fast on the draw some of these guys really are. I know they would be the first to shoot themslves in the foot; like Dick Cheney.
If someone is really worried about home invasion they should get a big dog.

Re: Guns [message #58457 is a reply to message #58438] Wed, 07 June 2006 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oklahoma allows concealed carry also, with a permit of course. The whole point of the recent threads was really not a single issue but rather all of the things we've allowed to become criminalized. Some would prefer to see a lot of government control, I myself, do not.

Re: Guns [message #58458 is a reply to message #58450] Wed, 07 June 2006 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The buyback program is only for handguns. You know I never said people should not have rifles; I have a couple. Rifles dont have to be registered but if they did I would certainly conform to the law.
I dont carry them in my car for defense though.
But enough about me; how about you, do you want the right to carry a loaded weapon on you at all times? And if so; may I ask why?

Re: So you think we should repeal the Patriot act of course. [message #58460 is a reply to message #58439] Wed, 07 June 2006 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I don't like any government intrusion. I think a man should be judged by his actions, not by what some analysts think he might do. I've made my opinion very clear; It's not a single issue thing with me.

I've also said that I don't like to talk politics on a public messageboard, so I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to draw me in. If you want to talk audio, fine. But I don't like talking politics or religion here.

Re: So you think we should repeal the Patriot act of course. [message #58464 is a reply to message #58460] Wed, 07 June 2006 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So then why post?

Re: Guns [message #58466 is a reply to message #58453] Wed, 07 June 2006 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Nothing like good illustration...

Previous Topic: OK so I know now not to take anything you say serious.
Next Topic: O'Kay; case closed.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:28:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout