Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » But Wayne; who is doing this to you?
But Wayne; who is doing this to you? [message #58417] Tue, 06 June 2006 16:41 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Finding out all this personal stuff? And why?

But John; who is doing this to you? [message #58422 is a reply to message #58417] Tue, 06 June 2006 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Re: No one is preventing me from doing anything? Why do you ask? [message #58423 is a reply to message #58422] Tue, 06 June 2006 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So you believe the Patriot act was a travesty and sham and should be repealed then of course; if you are serious about that quote? Then we agree; no more surveillence of citizens without a warrant. No checking phone records or library rentals.
Boy I am glad to see you at least are on the right side.
But we still haven't decided which religion to promote in the schools.

Fodder for the cannon. [message #58425 is a reply to message #58423] Tue, 06 June 2006 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I remember the "theologists" at school arguing about religion in the schools and other "state" places. The question was always what did the founding fathers actually mean by freedom of religion? Which religion? Any religion? Or just offshoots of the Christian religion? The whole "In God We Trust" thing and such. What a freakin mess to debate.

I read below that people should be allowed to practice religion in private or the church. But the basis of Christianity as I've been taught is to minister to the people. Not necessarily Bible beat, but to gently steer people to the church so they can get a taste and then make up their own mind. The reasoning that Christ didn't just stay in a church or in a home and pray. He went into the masses and ministered.

More fodder for this cannon?

Re: No one is preventing me from doing anything? Why do you ask? [message #58426 is a reply to message #58423] Tue, 06 June 2006 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

How 'bout your ability to carry a weapon to protect yourself. Can you do that? Can you drive your car with an improved seat belt, or do you have to use the one the factory provided even if it isn't as good? Can you refuse to pay a tax for a service you don't get? Can you opt out of Social Security and choose to use the money for a retirement fund of your own choice? Can you refuse to take a Social Security number, choose to not participate? Can you do light work for cash and not report it as income? Can you drive a car without insurance, even if you've never had a wreck? Can you drive a motorcycle across the country without a helmut? Can you smoke a cigarrette in public, outdoors, anywhere you want? Can you tell the public school that you do not want them to instruct your children about homosexual sex? Can you tell them not to teach the theory of evolution if you're a Christian or a Moslem or whatever and you don't want it taught? Can you protect your child from being around a violent child in public schools that can't be punished because the teachers are prohibited from effective discipline? The answer to each of these questions, my dear friend, is no. Whether you want to or not is a different matter, and is really not the point. The fact is that you cannot choose to do these things without being a criminal.

Re: If I reply are going to shut down; because its a lot of work to type this [message #58427 is a reply to message #58426] Wed, 07 June 2006 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well?

Re: Fodder for the cannon. [message #58428 is a reply to message #58425] Wed, 07 June 2006 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes but then if you accomodate the Christians and their mandate to proselytise then how will you accomodate all the other Religions? This is not a theocracy and so we must allow all faiths to be represented. That could cause a bit of a traffic jam if they all must proselytise. I think the founding fathers hashed all of this out and thats why they did what they did. It looks pretty smart from here.

Re: Fodder for the cannon. [message #58430 is a reply to message #58428] Wed, 07 June 2006 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Not disagreeing with you at all. Just commenting on what a heated and interesting debate it can be when two or more faiths become involved.

Re: Fodder for the cannon. [message #58431 is a reply to message #58430] Wed, 07 June 2006 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats why I can do this; I have no ties to anyone so I can remain impartial.

Re: No one is preventing me from doing anything? Why do you ask? [message #58433 is a reply to message #58426] Wed, 07 June 2006 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
As I read this I have to ask these questions:
If the people who elect their representatives could each have these things you ask for; the right to do whatever you want; wouldn't that right eventually conflict with the same rights that every other person asked for as individuals?
You want the right to work for cash and not declare it; so what happens if everyone does that?
You want the right to impose your religous beliefs in the schools but what happens if everyone wants that? All the faiths? You can always opt out and send your kid to a parochial school; but then you would complain about paying school taxes; see how it never ends?
Smoking cigarrettes outdoors or in public; why should I have to breathe your smoke? Not too considerate is it? Forget about what that habit costs all the citizens in health care fees. I pay for your lung cancer treatment.
People form a government to accomodate everyone; not just the fringe elements of society. So if you can't do whatever you want; be thankfull, because the guy next to you might want to do something really crazy.

Previous Topic: Minutia Mind Control
Next Topic: Patriot Act
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:49:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout