Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Manchurian Candidate
Manchurian Candidate [message #58388] Sat, 03 June 2006 11:25 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Over on one of the news sites they are doing a comparison to the Manchurian Candidate regarding bush and Paulson. They say bush is at the point now where he doesn't even hide the fact that his mouth is moving by the use of strings pulled by others.
The heavy hitters of wall street and corporate America are in panic mode over the potential for loss in the November elctions. They are pulling out all the stops with this appeal to the most easily manipulated of our fellow citizens. Gay Marriage; cutting funding to the blue states; phoney economic reports; family values speeches. All while they gut the economic safety of the same families they pretend to represent. You will see him on TV constantly from now until election day pumping up the hillbillies.

Thought police [message #58390 is a reply to message #58388] Sat, 03 June 2006 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll tell you what I think sucks. Look around you to see how many have given up their freedoms. Seat Belt laws, helmut laws, no smoking even outdoors in many places, can't talk about God in schools and government buldings. We've allowed big brother to have thought police everywhere. Tax outrageous sums and give us "services" that no one needs. What happened to the "land of the free and the brave"? I, for one, do not want a paternal government. America should streamline A LOT, that's what I think.

Re: Thought police [message #58391 is a reply to message #58390] Sat, 03 June 2006 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I am watching David Horowitz who is if you might not know a hard core defender of the right wing and has written an excellent book called "The Proffessors." This book exposes the far left radical agenda on the campuses of some of the major universities of this country. He is a very literate and reasonable man and I like his work.
Why? Because he can describe the things that are wrong with the folks he supports as well as those who are dizzy dingbats of the radical left.
Why do I say this?
Well; look at your post. We started discussing retirement; how to pay for it. The truth is social security works and has always worked but the big guys want that money in the stock markett not in a general fund for the citizens. Thats the truth. If we can't admitt that then we are in the mexican stand-off.
Now you come back and say seat-belt laws suck/no smoking laws suck/helmet laws suck.
You say you can't talk about God in public but you don't say which God you want to talk about. The Jewish God/Buddha/Catholic or Christian?
My answer is why can't you talk about God in Church? Why do you have to make what should be a private and serious personal decsision public? And maybe isolate someone who doesn't agree with your religion?
The thought police exist in the guise of FBI/CIA/National Security Agency; all favored by the majority of the citizens according to the polls. I mean Christ they gave them permission to listen to all of our phone calls!
Helmet laws and seat-belt laws? People want lower priced insurance on their cars? Do you know what it cost to treat head trauma? Serious head-trauma averages over 3 million dollars throughout the life of the victim.
Tax outrageous sums? Make the wealthy pay their fair share; stop pork-barrell programs like money for vacant cattle farms or writing off huge phoney business expenses. The huge waste of money on so-called national security that is nonsense. Huge military expenses that waste the money in Iraq.
You write as if you are unhappy with Government but you don't say exactly what you would do about the people who will not have the money to retire and have no funded retirement program and when the huge tax increases hit us all because of the business sectors refusal to pay for the retirement programs they promised the workers what will you say then?
Your reply indicates that you have an interest in these issues; why not offer some carefull thought about the possibilities of change?
Why not answer some of the questions that are honest responses to your position? I find it interesting to hear what people say; but then I don't hear anything.

Re: Thought police [message #58394 is a reply to message #58391] Sun, 04 June 2006 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

To tell the truth, I don't like entering into long discussions about politics or religion on a public messageboard. But I will say that I don't like the intrusions I feel we've endured here and I think they're unAmerican. Ironic to say that the American government and many of its population act unAmerican.

Re: Thought police [message #58395 is a reply to message #58394] Sun, 04 June 2006 15:03 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats why you have the vote. Vote for things that matter.

Previous Topic: Sun Microsystems
Next Topic: Wayne brought up an interesting point
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:25:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout