Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » More Sheriff Joe
More Sheriff Joe [message #58369] Wed, 31 May 2006 07:08 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The Sheriff only allows two cable TV channels into the jail. The Disney Channel and the Weather Channel. When asked why he picked the weather channel he replied:

" So they know what kind of weather it will be when they are working outside on my chain gangs."

He also pipes in the complete series of Newt Gingrich's lectures on history. He originally had a bible and religous course on the TV but the inmates threatened to riot so he switched. One inmate said it was the most horrible torture he has ever endured.

Re: More Sheriff Joe [message #82220 is a reply to message #58369] Mon, 14 March 2016 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Well, Joe was right about one thing back then and he still holds the same position today: Jail shouldn't be relaxing or fun. That's about all I'll say about Joe for now.
Re: More Sheriff Joe [message #82309 is a reply to message #58369] Wed, 23 March 2016 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
I think the sheriff has the right ideas, he just goes about doing them in the wrong way. That, and he's a media junkie. while he should be running his department and county, there are too many times he's got his mug in the camera yammering on about something.

I don't dislike him, I just find him annoying.
Re: More Sheriff Joe [message #82314 is a reply to message #82309] Fri, 25 March 2016 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I'm inclined to agree with his concept that jail should not be fun...but the details of some of the things he does makes me a bit uneasy.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: More Sheriff Joe [message #82347 is a reply to message #58369] Tue, 05 April 2016 21:29 Go to previous message
JillbeQuick is currently offline  JillbeQuick
Chancellor
I think he has the right idea completely. The people that are in jail should not be having a good time at all. They are there to pay their debt to society for the crimes they have committed. If they are having fun, then something is wrong.

Jack jumped over a candlestick
Previous Topic: Song Of Sheriff Joe
Next Topic: Disney Sound Tracks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:18:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers