Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Today`s hiking...
Re: The Ocean? [message #58366 is a reply to message #58365] Tue, 30 May 2006 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yep; a beautifull day. I got to the beach but didn't have the time to cruise over to Fire Island. Everyone who went said it was magical night.
I think the Greek Islands have an average year round temp that stays pretty even no? At least I hope so. I read in the guide that sept is a very good month.
I'd ask Damir but he doesn't have the ocean near his area. That part must have dried up.

Re: The Ocean? [message #58367 is a reply to message #58366] Wed, 31 May 2006 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
"That part must have dried up."

In fact, this is correct - I live in the Pannonian Plain, where long ago Pannonian Sea existed. It isn`t uncommon to find a fossiles of various sea creatures...

Re: The Ocean? [message #58368 is a reply to message #58367] Wed, 31 May 2006 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So we are still trying to figure out if you are near the ocean or not. Looking at the map I see almost the whole length of Croatia on the western side is ocean. So then you live on the eastern side?

Re: The Ocean? [message #58370 is a reply to message #58368] Wed, 31 May 2006 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The motto of one famous tube DIY-er on DIY Audio forum is "Geography is for other people"...
Yes, I live on the eastern side, other side is near Adriatic sea, like part of the Mediterranean...
Hey, even this we talked before...

Re: The Ocean? [message #58371 is a reply to message #58370] Wed, 31 May 2006 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I see; but in that other conversation you never made it clear exactly where you were in relation to the water. Since the coastline extends the length of the country you could possibly have been in the north. That was my confusion. It doesn't look like there is a big distance to the water from any part of the country.
But yes you are right about geography; you would never think that there are parts of New York that are so remote and desolate that they have no maps or roads. Up in the Adirondak Mts by Canada.

And Tubes Forum? Lot of good tube info on there; no one but us reads this part anyway so it gives us a chance to be real and learn things about how others think; because after all; if this hobby is about music and music is the food of the soul then all of our lives are fair game in trying to understand the truths of this. It takes a lot of grit to be honest and you are an honest guy. It helps because I like to know who I am talking to.

Re: The Ocean? [message #58374 is a reply to message #58371] Wed, 31 May 2006 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
About DIY Audio Tubes forum - I very rarely follow it, maybe I take a look once in a month or two. IMO, probably 90% substance of various forums is worthless, anyway.

Re: The Ocean? [message #58375 is a reply to message #58374] Wed, 31 May 2006 13:58 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Pretty much describes the reason we talk about other things; there is really very little to discuss left concerning amps and pre-amps and speakers that hasn't been done to death. And there is certainly nothing really new available.
So we build amps and talk about stuff; try talking endlessly about amps and you will poke your own eardrums out by choice. So lets see what the builders of the amps are all about; that should provide some clues as to the habits and behaviour that leads to the choices we make in audio and music.
If all you want to talk about is amps and speakers there should be no Dungeon; which BTW seems to get more attention than the tubes forum does.
But thats just one mans opinion.

Previous Topic: Caver amateur :-)
Next Topic: Border security
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:54:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers