Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Gee; Immigration Reform?
Gee; Immigration Reform? [message #58312] Thu, 18 May 2006 06:51 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So we build a tiny fence then allow everyone to stay here. Oh; I forgot...except those who have committed class A felonies. Good work George.Throwing those murderers out; of course if you only have misdemeanor convictions you can stay. Thats including the fact you broke the law coming here also.

Re: Gee; Immigration Reform? [message #58313 is a reply to message #58312] Fri, 19 May 2006 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

No, No..... they will have to go to the end of the line. Behind all the people getting in legally. Don't forget the fine too. They have to pay taxes. Whatever you call it, it's not amnesty!

"do you ever listen to yourself talk? yeah, I fade in and out"

John, do you think it's cost affective to send all the illegals home at this point?

Re: Gee; Immigration Reform? [message #58314 is a reply to message #58313] Fri, 19 May 2006 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well that would be the question I guess. Lets see what it will cost to register and track all the individuals that qualify for amnesty. Then we still need to empty the jails of the over 25% illegal population that makes up the whole prison pop.
But let me ask you. They say that they must pay all back taxes. So how to do that. If their employers are implicated in this tax avoidance they are liable also for all of the compensation and insurance monies they never paid into the fund.
What kind of monster beauracracy will we create to monitor and administrate 11 million applicants who do not follow the usual track to citizenship. They can't seem to do the much less complicated requirements now; how will they administer this nightmare?

Anyway do I think we should send them all home? Yes.
But that won't work so how to deal with the reality. Build a giant fence all the way and stop screwing around. Create immigrant task forces who must find and process as many as they can locate. Then send those individuals back who have not been working with the same company for at least five years. No you won't get them all; but yopu will create a climate where there is always the possibility that as an illegal you will be caught; fined and sent back, and now with proper enforcement you will not be able to return so easily. Now you will have to climb a huge fence and then possibly get caught and have to do it again. To implement these measures will cost less than the proposed solution and work better.
Then they may decide it is a better option to stay in their country with their families and try to make that a better place to live.
What do you think?

IT's easy to send them back at low cost [message #58315 is a reply to message #58313] Fri, 19 May 2006 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Just make it a FELONY to hirte them, with a minimum $100,000 fine per illegal hired.
Then watch them leave as quickly as they came.

Re: IT's easy to send them back at low cost [message #58316 is a reply to message #58315] Fri, 19 May 2006 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Good point. When I was a kid I always thought it was big trouble to have illegals working in your factory or shop. Now, these people are somehow holding together the fabric of the country by doing the jobs Americans wont do. Apparently I have been asleep for thirty years and just woke up. I missed key part along the way.

Economically speaking I think you have hit the nail on the head. If our government made it so a business could not employ an illegal then they would have no means of income and no reason to flood this country.

Re: Gee; Immigration Reform? [message #58317 is a reply to message #58314] Fri, 19 May 2006 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

I don't know what should be done with the people here already, John. I'm with you, they have broken laws we live by.
The first step is making it next to impossible for people to cross our border if we don't want them to. I'm disturbed by the lack of leadership we have that could allow something of this magnitude to elevate to the state it is. probably been on a slow build up since Nixon.

Re: Gee; Immigration Reform? [message #58318 is a reply to message #58317] Sat, 20 May 2006 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yeah; it sucks. The health care thing is really what pisses me off. The waste of resources they cause because they can't use the normal health care proxy; they clog up hospitals and emergency rooms costing literally millions of dollars in funds that could be used to help defer the rising costs to our citizens; not to mention the people who can't get care they need becuase the money is going to the illegals.
You know I read a study that the University Of Nevada did on exactly who uses the Nevada health care system and how much they cost. They identified the top 10% of users and guess what? Those top ten % used over 60% of the medical budget. Out of the top 10% over 35% of those were immigrants here illegally. They cost the system over 3.5 million a year in emergency room unpaid liabilities. This goes on in every city.
It ain't no joke. Look at your medical plan and what it cost.
Don't see much of this mentioned in all these debates.

Re: Bill; I have To Ask [message #58319 is a reply to message #58316] Sat, 20 May 2006 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The part about doing jobs Americans won't do; you are being facetious right? Thats a little tongue-in-cheek? Forgive me for being dense I am just not sure so I have to ask.

Re: Bill; I have To Ask [message #58334 is a reply to message #58319] Wed, 24 May 2006 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

I dont know if they are holding things together or not by doing jobs americans wont do. I was more or less teasing at the people who say the illegals are working so hard doing jobs Americans wont do.

I think there are a lot of jobs lots of people would rather ot do. what of it? I thought these jobs were for people starting out and then they move on or up to better jobs. Only a handful get to start at the top. The rest of us work our way up.

I dont know what to think anymore. Grumbling about it sure isnt changing things!

Re: Bill; I have To Ask [message #58335 is a reply to message #58334] Thu, 25 May 2006 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yeah; but not grumbling about it most definately won't change things.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

But the jobs Americans won't do; I see these guys doing landscaping; I've done that.
Carprentry; I've done that. Yard Clean-ups; I've done that.

What is it they are doing that we won't do? Other than picking strawberries which is shitty work I don't see them doning anything our guys won't do. I think that whole work we won't do schtick is BS.

Previous Topic: New Sheriff Joe Quotes
Next Topic: Forum Etiquete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:33:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout