Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Protests March For Immigration Reform
Protests March For Immigration Reform [message #58151] Mon, 27 March 2006 15:46 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I wouldn't get too heavy with this but one thing really; and I mean really bothers me about this. In LA the protestors are marching carrying the Flag Of Mexico.
What happened to immigrating here and becoming proud citizens of America?

Whats wrong with our flag in our country? It's nice; Red White And Blue with all those stars that previous immigrants died to protect.
Makes you wonder at how committed to becoming good citizens these people are.
The Mexican FLag; good, thats what we need; then we can pledge allegiance to Mexico. And sing the Mexican National Anthem.
Make Bullfighting the National Sport.

Re: Protests March For Immigration Reform [message #58152 is a reply to message #58151] Mon, 27 March 2006 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Is it possible to annex Mexico. Might as well make it a state at this point.

Re: Protests March For Immigration Reform [message #58153 is a reply to message #58152] Mon, 27 March 2006 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Actually I think they've annexed California and Arizona. The Balls on these people.
I should get my whole family and neighborhood and then march together singing the Deutschland Uber Alles and waving the Flag of the German Democratic Republic while asking for amnesty for any and all Germans who want to sneak into America. Then we can all open deli's and serve bratwurst and beer.

Re: Protests March For Immigration Reform [message #58154 is a reply to message #58153] Mon, 27 March 2006 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
You think California is "populated". I grew up and lived near Dodge City, KS before moving to TX, and I believe I once heard that they had the highest per capita Mexican immigration in the US. the schools there are almost 85% Mexican now. The stores all have thier signs in Spanish and I could never find what the heck I was looking for even in the WalMart (I HATE that store).

For comparison in that town:
I worked with a friend of Mexican decent back in the late 80's in Dodge. His parents had moved in the immigration of the 50's. We once asked him to translate some Spanish words we had heard. He couldn't. He told us that he and his siblings were not allowed to learn or speak Spanish in the home. His parents raised them this way and wanted them to be Americans. Most of the kids there today can't speak English at all and the ones who can don't realize the advantage that they have in their ability to further themselves. But most would rather live 20 people to a home, drive new pickups, and work at the meat packing plant the rest of thier lives. I don't have anything against meat packers (my best friend worked there for 11 years before going to college and getting his BA and MA), but it doesn't seem that any of them strive to do more except open up a dumpy body shop or taco wagon. When the Vietnamese were there before the Mexicans, they came and worked several years, then moved on to bigger, better capitalistic ventures.

People should have pride for thier ancestory, I do (Irish and Scottish). But to move to a different country and not expect to have to assimilate yourself at all is wrong. If I moved to Germany I would be expected to learn and abide by the rules, customs, and language.

Re: Protests March For Immigration Reform [message #58155 is a reply to message #58154] Mon, 27 March 2006 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Exactly. And even if you try to keep your heritage which is fine; you don't fly the flag of another country in your new home. I have no agenda regarding anyone from anywhere but man you have to have some respect. Watching those people march under the Mexican Flag is beyond comprehension to me. What are they saying; that they don't care about America, they are here to create Mexico in California??

Why not go home to Mexico if you are so proud and waving your flag. Why not make Mexico a better place to live in so you don't have to sneak into somewhere else then fly your flag there?

Dodge City ehh? That was supposed to be a wild place back when. In the 50's and 60's.

A real bad feeling [message #58157 is a reply to message #58151] Mon, 27 March 2006 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
This is not good. One of these protests rallys is going to turn violent sooner or later. When that happens, may God help us all.

Re: A real bad feeling [message #58158 is a reply to message #58157] Mon, 27 March 2006 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Agreed.

Re: A real bad feeling [message #58160 is a reply to message #58158] Tue, 28 March 2006 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I have a real bad feeling they are going to force us to allow these people to stay here; illegal or not. And who are they to imply some vague threat of violence; thats a croc. You committ a crime you do the time; which in this case is the terrible threat of sending them home.
Let me see tenthousand American Tourists Marching in Mexico and threatening violence; what would happen.

No how about [message #58163 is a reply to message #58160] Tue, 28 March 2006 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTF is currently offline  GTF
Chancellor
10,000 American tourist's staying out of Mexico.
Let their tourist dollar's dry up and have American
business forced to move back out of Mexico.
First put up a steel wall. So simple.
Those steel plate's used to shoreup construction hole's
would do nicely. Cheap, easy and fast.
This is our country.
Don't come here telling what we have to do for you.
You don't like it? Go home.

BTW The language is English.
Learn it or go home.

Re: No how about [message #58164 is a reply to message #58163] Tue, 28 March 2006 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Guy says to me they do work Americans don't want to do.
I say of course not; not for 5$ an hour.

He says; well they do it.

I say well they live in a house with twenty other guys while their wives and families are home in Mexico. Try working for 5$ an hour up here with your wife and family to support. Try renting an apartment for them; buying a car;sending your kids to school;feeding all of them and do this on 5$ an hour.

They say; well there are no Americans to work these jobs.

I say; offer 15$ an hour and watch them line up.

Previous Topic: George on TV ...Again?
Next Topic: I don't have any cartoons; any have anything interesting?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 09:43:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio