Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » more news from redland
more news from redland [message #57821] Fri, 06 January 2006 19:53 Go to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
Another moderate republican has decided to run as a democrat here in redland. Quote "I didn't leave the party, it left me". This is from the real money power in the republican party in KS, Johnson county by Kansas City. Highest per capita in the state. At least moderates will debate a position.

Light at the end of the tunnel.

Re: more news from redland [message #57822 is a reply to message #57821] Fri, 06 January 2006 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Nice post; thank god something positive on that front. What do you think of the Republican group calling for an election for party leader to replace Delay?
I think many in his own party dislike him for his predatory ways.

Re: more news from redland [message #57823 is a reply to message #57822] Sat, 07 January 2006 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Delay's done. Whether he gets off or not, his ability to "hammer" through legislation is gone forever. If he does avoid actual convictions, I won't be surprised if he gets reelected, but the GOP cannot afford to have him in a notable position of power. I've been crusing at freerepublic at they're talking a lot about cleaning up their act. Of course, on both sides of the aisle. Abramoff money in all its incarnations went only to the republican side from 2000 until now. It's their problem, they're in power. Just like the dems took the whacks years ago. I don't remember it as being as egregious however.

It clearly points out my long held belief that one party should never control it all. Each holds the other in check, nothing gets done, and the country putters right along. As soon as one or the other gets it all, voila, greed, corruption, massive debt, influence peddling. They do whatever it takes to hold control. Primarily open the federal coffers to their constituency. I hold no special love for many democrat programs, but I think they run a better government. The republicans are better at being the minority party. They are most effective when pointing out excesses, instead of creating them.

Check out Juanita's Dangerous Beauty Parlor. Activists in his home district. The real lowdown on what he's done for them, his charities, and so forth. It's also a real hoot.

Re: more news from redland [message #57824 is a reply to message #57823] Sat, 07 January 2006 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; it's nice to see resonable opinions and your's is one of them. I always believed that the position of Senator and Representative should carry a burden of trust and concern for the welfare of the citizens you represent. Of course politics requires compromise and operations close to the line of propriety. But the real Americans manage to walk that line and still look like decent people. I think that intrinsic decency is what has been missing in the neo-con philosophy.
And where are the statesmen? Jack Kennedy could face off with the Russians to the matt and still engage in diplomacy of the highest order. With these guys it's like kindergarden time; we eithor hate the world or fight the world; where the hell is the concept of diplomacy? Nixon was a master diplomat who understood how the wheels of power turn. Reagan also.
These guys are children who cannot see anything beyond simplistic and reactionary policies that provide immediate benefit to them and their cronies.
Now all the hardcore right-wing bloggers are mute about this whole Iraq disaster and the huge incompetence shown in the handling of all world affairs with this kid.
We need some leadership; where's the leaders?
Bunch of big-mouth's up there.

Re: more news from redland [message #57825 is a reply to message #57824] Sat, 07 January 2006 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
We need Teddy Roosevelt. The world situation, economically and politically, is very much like 1890-1910. Large corps controlling blocs of government and the economy. The scale is global this time instead of just the U.S. Teddy took on the Rockefellers, Standard Oil and such and broke the monopolies backs for 75 yrs.

The problem is I see no such backbone in any leader anywhere. The acquistion and combining of our media is probably the most terrifying of all. Hearst to the nth degree. Thank god for the net. There's a hardcore group of bloggers on both sides that do good work. Let's hope that degree of freedom expands to where it cannot be stopped by the powers that be. Speaking truth to power was never more important.

Just read an interesting article that the guy who wrote "Bush's Brain" is on the no-fly list. Scary.

Re: more news from redland [message #57827 is a reply to message #57825] Sun, 08 January 2006 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yeah; Old Teddy R. He told J.P. Morgan in a telegram after old JP threatened to shut down the railroad if he continued to enforce the anti-monopoly law this; "I will send the United States Army straight to his house if he tries it."
Thats a leader.
These guys are way out of line with all this spying and arresting without due process. Nothing a megalomaniac fears more than free expression.
Stalin hated the whole concept of free expression.

Re: more news from redland [message #57830 is a reply to message #57827] Mon, 09 January 2006 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
now hold on just a minute my friend. exactly where is the due process in sending army to guys house? LOL

Re: more news from redland [message #57831 is a reply to message #57830] Tue, 10 January 2006 10:46 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You know Bill; when it makes my point it's o'kay. He was a tough character old TR ehh? Larger than life. But the Teddy Bear story is false; he never refused to shoot that bear! The rug is still hanging in his house. And San Juan hill; he was a thousand yards downstream with high powered binoculars.

Previous Topic: Another old tower :-)
Next Topic: Cyberstalking law
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 15:43:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout