Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Intellectual Property
if... [message #57739 is a reply to message #57738] Sun, 01 January 2006 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I were selling something, you would still be wrong. I am indeed making a mint by freely sharing the methods I discover while looking for good sound. You are indeed insane.
cheers,
Douglas

no ifs, ands or buts about it.... [message #57740 is a reply to message #57739] Sun, 01 January 2006 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
I think if you look on the trading post section of AA... you can still find your offers and solicitations to sell magnetic components to end users. Unless they were taken down because it's supposed to be a non-commercial forum. It was the very same knock-off that your now hawking on GB as your "non-profit" item.

Actually, it was funny to watch you try to market your copycats... at one point you were asking over $200 a copy... then it dropped down to something like $195 a copy... and as sales did not materialize the price kept dropping, dropping, dropping.... and at some point I remember I posted a satire on your ventures and advised any ill-informed "interested" consumers to wait a bit and you would soon pay them to use your knock-offs.

And you have preiously solicited one of our distributors to sell them these same knock-offs.

So... your marketing success or lack of... is not for your lack of trying... or your lack of shilling your knock-offs on group build.

how not to be fooled... [message #57742 is a reply to message #57739] Sun, 01 January 2006 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master

and I never said it didn't happen [message #57743 is a reply to message #57740] Sun, 01 January 2006 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I have already said I had in the past. I also said I had no interest in doing it in the present. A few went out, and I'm not going to share with you the price that got paid, or the quantity.

I am not shilling anything. I have already said that if *ANYBODY* has a winder they'd rather use, I'd furnish the instructions. If it were a better deal, I'd use them myself. So far nobody has stepped up with a better deal on winding. They can even go to you if they want. I coulnd't care less( actually, I'd love it if everybody went to you and asked for a few pairs of E-Linear taps in their new output Iron ).

You seem convinced that it is something else other than for building amps. Like making money, or hurting you or some other foolishness. You'll get it eventually.
cheers,
Douglas

Re: 'scuse me (my take) [message #57752 is a reply to message #57731] Sun, 01 January 2006 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I had a PRS "Custom" guitar for a while and didn`t keep it. Big mistake - it was a good guitar. And friend of mine had an old JBL K130 15" and exchanged it for two 12" Jensens. IMO- mistake, too - but he is satisfied...

Re: 'scuse me (my take) [message #57753 is a reply to message #57752] Sun, 01 January 2006 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Hi Damir:

Lucky you, all of the PRS guitars look pretty nice.

I have buried somewhere a Guild D-25M accoustic.

Saw your two winter photos... the car didn't loook to awful bad...
after being in upstate NY for winter or two right along the lake.
The tree shot was quite nice.

happy 2006

Re: 'scuse me (my take) [message #57754 is a reply to message #57753] Sun, 01 January 2006 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The New Year`s prize competition - which car is it?
The winner will get a pair of output transformers from one of our transformers winder Dungeon forum genious!
What you think?

the grand prize winner.... [message #57755 is a reply to message #57754] Mon, 02 January 2006 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master

That's a good contest idea Damir. I have no clue which brand or model of automobile that is... doesn't look like any alfa's that I've seen or owned... no resemblance to my E-350 ford van.. so I'm stumped.

A little birdie whispered into my ear that the grand prize winner of your contest will get to clone any audio product they wish to (as long as it fits on the table of the pakman cloning machine). Doesn't matter if it's a preamp, a power amp, a speaker, a transformer, a resistor, a piece of wire... the pak~protector(R) universal cloning machine (as pictured) can make copies of anything except Bose and Monster Cable branded products (for obvious legal reasons). Any other extant product or brand name is fair game under the current rules of engagement.

Good luck to all the entrants.

Re: the grand prize winner.... [message #57756 is a reply to message #57755] Mon, 02 January 2006 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Obvious problem in recognizing - almost all European cars about these dimensions looks the same (same "curve") to me...

well Mike [message #57764 is a reply to message #57740] Tue, 03 January 2006 16:56 Go to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Like I said when I first offerd the group purchase on Group Build, I am not in it for any profit. Or any sort of business gain. I am not in the Iron business, and don't think any will materialize in the future.

I made no claim as to past practice, which in fact ended with all sales going out at wholesale, and not through me. I found a method worth sharing, and I am sorry the method causes you distress.

Also, since some of those posts went quite close to the line drawn by Wanye surrounding your ownership of the Peerless 'P', I do apologize for goading you.

I will take care in the future when I refer to and describe any TX I choose to rebuild/rewind or modify. Remember, I am not in business to sell transformers of any sort. This does offer a freedom to discuss my pursuit, and getting into the business would remove it in part.

As to your shilling complaint, if your complaint held any true value, you'd take it up with all the folks who post about MQ products and how happy they are with your products and services. There is absolutely no difference, save one is done by me and does not benefit you, and those that are not done by me, and which do benefit you.
cheers,
Douglas

Previous Topic: The long and the short of it
Next Topic: Taco Bell test
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:27:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers