Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » a textbook case of misappropiation and revenge
a textbook case of misappropiation and revenge [message #57672] Fri, 23 December 2005 21:51 Go to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
Dug wrtoe:

:::I am not going to cease tearing down and modifying OPTx's. I will continue to note their origin, when speaking of them. I am *NOT* going to sell them, and am not in the Iron business. If somebody else wants to do the same thing I have done, why should I stand in their way? or require them to destroy another original? Or send them to you, so you can make up some bullshit answer about why you can't do what they want? How helpful is that? or for that matter, productive for you?:::

I think this is almost a classic case of misappropiation.

::::MISAPPROPRIATION [unfair competition]. A common law form of unfair competition in which an individual or firm copies or appropriates some creation of another that is not protected by patent, copyright, or trademark law.::::

It's unethical behaviour. I noticed that the preamble to ART on it's homepage states that it is intended to be a "friendly place for both industry partcipants as well as enthusiasts and hobbyists"...

Allowing individuals who feel aggrieved to come to ART and use it as their venue for exacting revenge and\or punishment of an industry particpant because that person\company would not accede to his particular demands... woud lead only to ART being viewed as a rogue forum by many manufacturers. And would lead to greater mischief and strife than we already have on the forums.

Doug, I have spoken to more than a few manufacturer's who pray that they will never fall on your radar screen... that if they would fail to meet your every demand then you will come over here on ART and punish them and\or abuse their namesake and goodwill so that you can "even the score" or that you will decide to offer "modified" copies of their wares and then use their name and goodwill to hawk your illicit copies.

This is (at least in part) what did got you kicked off of AA. And you simply packed up that same suitcase of prejuidice, hate, and malevolence and transported it here to ART.

Hopefully, Wayne will not permit his forums to be abused in this manner.

one wild accusation after another [message #57687 is a reply to message #57672] Sat, 24 December 2005 17:29 Go to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
First of all, I did not get kicked off AA. Banned from Tubes DIY.

The rest of your crap isn't even worth responding to. Again, look at what you're accusing other folks of, and you'll see what Mike is really up to.

If there was a real basis to your accusation, you'd stick to a single one. First you claim I can't possibly have gotten all the details, then it's off to claiming complete ownership, and when it was obvious this was not the case, you change gears again, and attack me again for having questionable ethics.

You have assisted others in creating designs you claim ownership to, and only because their prices are as high as yours. It is only when there *SEEMS* to be a resonable option to dealing with you, that you start letting loose the accusations and attacks...sad little man.

Don't worry, it is obvious to any person not dependant on you for their product that you have no case and you're just being hateful. The others see it too, they just can't tell you. I almost feel sorry for them...but you deserve each other.
cheers,
Douglas

Previous Topic: statutory and common law regarding fair business practices
Next Topic: Hey, MB - I found a perfect card for you...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 04:00:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio