Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » The long and the short of it
hey... maybee you'll have to reactivate your action man.... [message #57652 is a reply to message #57648] Fri, 23 December 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
ooow... the lethal invalid jute-esque fantasy man of Damir's...

have you sent him my way yet?

Has he flown jetfighters under bridges?

Posted by Damir_the real one on February 13, 2005 at 05:54:29
on AA.

:::A friend of mine, ex-special forces, now with an invalid pension (3 times wounded in battle), but in good shape, has plenty of time, has a sense of humour, but the kind of man you can`t BS with. Honest and brave, doesn`t like bad people - but he wouldn`t kill anybody without a reason.:::

:::He knows almost nothing about tube electronics, but it`s alright - nor do many other people here...:::

your a poor seer.... [message #57655 is a reply to message #57650] Fri, 23 December 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
Perhaps you will get a new crystal ball under your try as your old one
really appears to be out of focus.

No anger at all. Just the origination of substantive posts and then the quick retorts to your (can depend on) vacuous replies which are surely to follow.

hoping you get a new crystal ball for christmas.

msl

Re: hey... maybee you'll have to reactivate your action man.... [message #57656 is a reply to message #57652] Fri, 23 December 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I posted this in the thread where we`re into finding the right characteristic of the moderator, my ironic/funny (and I said that) response is that we need special forces man for that, I have a friend just like that. And if you think that`s not possible, think about it - ten years just passed after the war in my country. Tens of thousends dead, hundreds destroyed tanks, tens of MIGs thrown down, many towns and villages destroyed/burned, hundreds of thousends displaced persons, many war invalids, etc. Someone did it, for sure. But, that`s not the tematic, and I don`t want to talk about it.
I found this citation from other forum much better:
"> Brat Ludwig wrote:
> > Andrew had little to do with Magnequeef's fall: by then we had all
> > pretty much pegged Mike Lefevre as a fraud, an idiot, and a raging
> > hard-on."

Mike is 'Good' enough... [message #57658 is a reply to message #57644] Fri, 23 December 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I am sure of it. I will await his proof of being good, by way of making a contribution.

Such as proposing a design, fielding questions, and otherwise providing support. I do doubt he'll be able to do this, as I suspect his goal lies elsewhere.

You see, Mike, there is no selective enforcement of the rules around here, as you'd expect to find somewhere else. I have no 'IN' with the moderation, and don't discuss things like how many posts got deleted. Speaking of which, why don't you go call AA and see how many it was before Labor Day, 04? You might need all three of your thumbs to count them....:)

I have hope you'll stop taking drugs and realize what sort of lunacy you have been trying to sell, but I doubt it will happen. I would welcome your attempts to prove me wrong...:)
cheers,
Douglas

Re: The long and the short of it [message #57661 is a reply to message #57645] Fri, 23 December 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Mr. LaFevre, I kindly ask that you leave my name out of this discussion. I quit moderating GB after the last round. This is a hobby for me and is supposed to be fun; this clearly is not.....Happy Holidays, Colin

Re: The long and the short of it [message #57662 is a reply to message #57636] Fri, 23 December 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Eddy is currently offline  Steve Eddy
Chancellor

A few OPTs that "Heyboer" made for Doug and his friends are not "Peerless S265Q", but "modified copy of old Peerless S265Q OPTs, with added E-linear taps, made by Heyboer".

But what you don't seem to grasp here is that "Peerless" cannot be used in the course of selling those transformers. Even if you're saying they are a "modified copy of old Peerless..." That's an unfair use of someone else's trademark and good name to sell your product.

Look, there's simply no earthly reason for bringing up the Peerless name and model number in the context of Douglas' transformer EXCEPT as an attempt to associate his product with the good name and reputation of someone else. That's not just sleazy and unethical, but illegal and actionable as well.

If Douglas' transformer cannot stand on its own merits, i.e. electrical specifications and performance, features, Douglas' name and reputation, etc., then he has no business selling them in the first place.

se

Nice take Steve... [message #57663 is a reply to message #57662] Fri, 23 December 2005 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
but comming from the MQ camp, it is hardly suprising. You have reached the same conclusions as your Iron source, and you aren't really in a position to say anything otherwise. Just because Mike is in error in more than one place, you'll have to follow suit or suffer the consequences.

Nice MQ sockpuppeting, right out of the Jute Wars. Sorry to see nothing has changed, and nobody has learned anything.
cheers,
Douglas

Re: Nice take Steve... [message #57667 is a reply to message #57663] Fri, 23 December 2005 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor

but comming from the MQ camp, it is hardly suprising. You have reached the same conclusions as your Iron source, and you aren't really in a position to say anything otherwise. Just because Mike is in error in more than one place, you'll have to follow suit or suffer the consequences.

Nice MQ sockpuppeting, right out of the Jute Wars. Sorry to see nothing has changed, and nobody has learned anything.

Oh but there are always opportunities to learn things.

For example, your post gives us the opportunity to learn firsthand what an ad hominem argument is and that you don't even know what sockpuppeting is.

Please take notes, class. There will be a test on Monday.

se

Re: Nice take Steve... [message #57671 is a reply to message #57667] Fri, 23 December 2005 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
you're so much more experienced at this...either way, you are one of Mike's goons, just like the RAT episodes.

The only question I have is: what happens when you need to disagree with him?
cheers,
Douglas

Re: Nice take Steve... [message #57674 is a reply to message #57671] Fri, 23 December 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Chancellor

you're so much more experienced at this...either way, you are one of Mike's goons, just like the RAT episodes.

You're being redundant. We've already covered the ad hominem argument. Or is that the extent of your repertoire?

The only question I have is: what happens when you need to disagree with him?

Um, what happens when I need to disagree with him is... I disagree with him. What sort of silly question is this?

se

Previous Topic: None of My Business
Next Topic: Intellectual Property
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 03:54:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers