Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Manual - here's a little tid bit on Bob Grant you might be interested in.
Manual - here's a little tid bit on Bob Grant you might be interested in. [message #57370] Sun, 13 November 2005 05:39 Go to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I did a quick search on his name and came up with a biography on him. Here is a small excerpt from the following link.

After being fired, Grant then moved down the dial to WOR where he continued to host the same type of show in the same time slot; he would occasionally criticize his WABC replacement Sean Hannity. In the late 1990s his show went into national syndication, trying to follow the lead of Rush Limbaugh and other successful conversative talkers, but few stations picked it up and it reverted to a local show.

It would seem your accusation that Rush stole his act from Grant is also wrong. Seems to me that he was trying to follow Rush's lead. Also from what I have read about Grant (I have never listened to him). He is loudmouthed and hangs up on people. Rush never does this so I don't see how you could say Rush stole his "act" from Grant.

In what way did Rush steal his act from Grant? **Note - this is your chance to give some facts and not just make wild accusations**

Re: Manual - here's a little tid bit on Bob Grant you might be interested in. [message #57371 is a reply to message #57370] Sun, 13 November 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Easily; Grant was around on the dial since the late 70's and in radio since the early 70's. Where was Rush other than listening to him?
And yes, I said he hangs up on people; when they say stupid things. Really who wants to hear that?
Find an old tape of his broadcast; then tell me Rush didn't steal his act.

Re: Addenda [message #57373 is a reply to message #57371] Sun, 13 November 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Grant had a talk show in LA back in the early sixties. I had forgot about that until someone reminded me. He came first before all the bore-fests.

Why should I have to prove your wild conspiracy's? [message #57374 is a reply to message #57371] Sun, 13 November 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Just tell me. What does Rush do that he stole from Grant? All Rush does is talk politics. He doesn't do anything. Is anyone that talks conservative on the radio stealing his "act" from Grant. I object to the use of the word "act" too. There is no act. He is just talking politics.

Again just wild accusations without any basis in reality. This is the reason liberals can't make it on the radio. Just look at our conversations on this web site. I back up what I say whenever possible. I do cut and pastes. I link to web sites. All you do is make accusations and then tell me to look it up.

Re: Why should I have to prove your wild conspiracy's? [message #57376 is a reply to message #57374] Sun, 13 November 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You link to sites where you heard the original point. Why do I have to read it twice? Rush most certainly does an act. Listen to his earlier radio shows before he hit on the successfull formatted entertainment he does now. He was just a lousy DJ until he studied Bob Grant and approprated his shtick.
Try Radio News; they have the story in the archives. No Link.

Even if this were true. Who cares? What's your point? [message #57377 is a reply to message #57376] Sun, 13 November 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Rush obviously does it much better than Grant or anyone else. He is the most listened to Radio talk show host of all time. So what is the difference if he modeled his show from Grants? Is this supposed to be a bad thing? What is your point? And again you have given no specifics at all. Why can't you just say, look Grant always did this and now Rush always does this. You can't because it isn't true. Rush simply talks politics. He has no act. What is his act? If one guys act was to say "get off my phone" hang up and say nasty things (grant) and the other is always calm and never hangs up on anyone (Rush) please explain how one stole the others show? They are totally different.

And lastly if all some one has to do if steal Grants act to be successful why don't the liberals on Air America to that? Then they would be successful too.

Sorry, but I`m gonna Trolling this thread... [message #57378 is a reply to message #57370] Sun, 13 November 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Re: Sorry, but I`m gonna Trolling this thread... [message #57379 is a reply to message #57378] Sun, 13 November 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Jesus loves everyone; right?

Re: Even if this were true. Who cares? What's your point? [message #57380 is a reply to message #57377] Sun, 13 November 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I would be calm too if I had access to strong opiods on a daily basis.

Obviously no point here. That's ok I understand... [message #57384 is a reply to message #57380] Sun, 13 November 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If you can't debate the facts go to personal attacks. The Democratic mantra.

Previous Topic: Just for you Manual. Ann Coulter on the definition of Judicial Activism.
Next Topic: Let's look at some facts...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 11:59:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout