Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Just for you Manual. Ann Coulter on the definition of Judicial Activism.
Re: BTW [message #57368 is a reply to message #57367] Sat, 12 November 2005 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
My friend; count the number of times the word "Liberal" comes up in any discussion involving these three you name. Count the number of times you hear the same ten sentences repeated endlessly. It's draining to be redundant. The people who I am familiar with who you might want to call liberal's are either too busy to listen to radio talk shows all day or they are far too advanced in their thinking to tolerate the superficiality and redundancy of the repitition displayed on these programs. I used to listen to Bob Grant for a couple hours each day.
I don't know if you are familiar with him but Rush stole his whole act and persona. Grant was a very hardcore conservative; his famous tag line was "Get Off MY Phone!" whenever he was insulted by the stupidity of a caller. But he was never boring/superficial/repetitive and so I liked to listen to him. William F. Buckley is one of my all time favorites in terms of political commentary and I always read the National Review. He too is thoughtfull and analytical.
Thats my problem; these other three bore the living crap out of me. They are simplistic and hyper-verbal to no effect.
If you actually analyse a paragraph at random; it is empty of meaning. Try it sometime and we can walk through it too see what exactly the individual is saying.
BTW; I like Pat Buchanan; never afraid to be controversial to his power base or to take chances provoking his audience to think.

Re: BTW [message #57369 is a reply to message #57368] Sun, 13 November 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Of course I totally disagree with you. Even if Rush stole his "Act" (which I don't believe) he is obviously much better at it. Rush doesn't tell anyone to "get off his phone". In fact I have never heard him hang up on anyone. He loves when liberals call his show and so do I. Very entertaining. Rush is the most popular talk show host in history. Like him or hate him he is very effective. Ann Coulter and Hannity are less effective. Of all three I find Coulter the best. I love her wit and sense of humor.

I find the liberal talk show hosts as you describe which is "boring/superficial/repetitive". Nothing but hate speech. No facts, no point, just name calling. Air America is a perfect example. While Rush's remains the most popular radio host, Air America is floundering. It's only on the air because of rich liberal contributions. This will dry up shortly and they will go the way of all the other liberal talk shows. If Rush was "boring/superficial/repetitive" nobody would listen to him. And please spare me the "liberals are far to intelligent and busy to listen to talk radio" lines. It's just plain silly. If liberals were intelligent they would be conservatives.

Look here is the case in point. You come on here and make an outrageous claims such as church leaders are some how forcing people to vote and campaign for the Republican party. When asked how this could possibly be you are silent. You are silent because it isn't true. Same problem with liberal radio. Just wild accusations with no facts filled in with name calling. This is why nobody listens to them. Nobody wants to hear negativity all day.

As I said to each his own.

Re: BTW [message #57372 is a reply to message #57369] Sun, 13 November 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Liberal radio; as you call it..since it tells the truth is really all of radio except the loud/boring/obnoxious repeaters like Rush. Just because the borscht-belt commentators give something a name doesn't mean that name has any validity.
Hardcore rant radio like Rush is as old as the hills. Look up Alan Burke and Joe Pine; he actually would punch guests who didn't follow his conservative agenda on the show.
There are no facts to look up. Check/red state/blue state and religous attendance figures and which churches predominate. Then watch the 700 club; see where their contributions come from and how they all vote the same ticket. I don't mean Republican or Democrat I mean issues. The same tired old hot button issues that the trolls focus on. Becuase they are simplistic and easily understood by anyone of any simple mind. They require no thought or insight whatsoever; just follow the herd.

You used the word "forced"... [message #57375 is a reply to message #57372] Sun, 13 November 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Suggesting that someone vote a certain why is totally different than "forcing" them too. You also said Campaigning. How is anyone forced to campaign for the Republicans. There are no facts to look up because your accusation is false. Church members and religious people may vote a certain way but nobody is forcing them to. I have already given you examples of religious people that vote for the Democrats. Your theory doesn't hold water. As with most liberal theories. The real thing that is bothering you is that many Christians vote for Republicans. Not because some one is forcing them to.

See, liberals can never admit that they lose elections because the people don't agree with their politics. So they make up stuff in their minds, like people being forced to vote for Republicans. Democrats being kept from voting, voting machines being fixed, voter fraud etc. It's beyond the comprehension of the simple minded liberals that people no longer agree with them. Thanks to the internet, the people are starting to get the real facts. Bad news for the Dems.

Re: You used the word "forced"... [message #57381 is a reply to message #57375] Sun, 13 November 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You are correct regarding Black voters who do disproportionally vote the Democratic ticket due to their religous affiliation. But they only make up 8% of the vote.
The National Baptist Council gives it's parishoners a recommendation regarding the vote for every election. Same with many of the other fundementalist organisations. You know that.
Thats fine if that recomendation was a carefully thought out examination of all of the issues. But we know it isn't.
Regardless; no organisation that promotes any political position should be awarded a tax relief.
The internet is actually hurting your cause. The vast amount of information trotted out on a daily basis has fractionalised the Republican Power base and allowed many who would not have been exposed to the reality of this administration to see the effects of their policies. The constant repetitive drone of Liberal; Liberal has resulted in the semantic satiation effect manifesting in control subjects. The inhibition-extinction process that results in loss of meaning will eventually; as is happening with much of the marketted message endlessly repeated by the political hucksters like Rush, is filtering the impact of the keywords used by these salesmen.
This is a well known phenomena observed very seriously by ad and marketing researchers.
So please; do us a favor and keep hammering away at those critical stimuli. The semantic satiation effect will do our work for us.

Hmmm.. Then how do you explain the fact that the Democrats keep losing? [message #57383 is a reply to message #57381] Sun, 13 November 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The republicans have gained control of congress for the first time in 40 years and have kept it since the internet has sprouted? Not to mention winning the last two Presidential elections?

Again your problem is that the religious people are voting for the Republicans as this post clearly points out.

Re: Hmmm.. Then how do you explain the fact that the Democrats keep losing? [message #57386 is a reply to message #57383] Sun, 13 November 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The elections sway from side to side in a predictable way. This is simple political science.
Why is that my problem? Your taxes paid for them also. Even the ones who voted Democratic.
Lets see how they go this time around.

Yeah, we'll get em' next year... [message #57391 is a reply to message #57386] Mon, 14 November 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You said that the internet has helped get the facts out and is bad for republicans. Of course this is totally wrong. The internet helped get the facts out and the republicans gained control of congress for the first time in 40 years plus the last two presidential elections. These are called facts. Obviously I am correct and you are not.

Re: Yeah, we'll get em' next year... [message #57409 is a reply to message #57391] Mon, 14 November 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The Democrats had it for 8 years and they will have it again. Read history and turn off the radio.

Democrats lost control of the house and senate during those eight years. [message #57418 is a reply to message #57409] Mon, 14 November 2005 13:07 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You might want to check those history books yourself. Look up "Contract with America". That should give you the info you need to get your facts straight.

Previous Topic: Still waiting for the COHERENT explanation of legislating from the bench
Next Topic: Manual - here's a little tid bit on Bob Grant you might be interested in.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 06:12:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio