Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Nice; Rumsfeld opens new prisons on the site's of the old concentration camps.
Nice; Rumsfeld opens new prisons on the site's of the old concentration camps. [message #57302] Sat, 05 November 2005 05:51 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You know; those names from the past in eastern Europe that no one speaks. It was only a matter of time with this guy. Next; a small mustach.

Re: Nice; Rumsfeld opens new prisons on the site's of the old concentration camps. [message #57303 is a reply to message #57302] Sat, 05 November 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
THIS comment is an example of the of your underlying approach that causes me to make position statements and stand back. Others seem to step up and support my posititon, so I may not be all that reactionary after all.

BTW, Kathleen Parker just wrote an op-ed on the Hitlerization of anything that doesn't please us. You might want to read it.

Bob

Re: Nice; Rumsfeld opens new prisons on the site's of the old concentration camps. [message #57304 is a reply to message #57303] Sat, 05 November 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
While the approach might be extreme and reading past posts you would see that such a statement is out of character for me; this concept of hidden and secrective holding yards in east bloc countries for people suspected by the Bush administration of crimes; and offered no legal counsel; piled on top of the Abu Ghraib incident that did not even result in any punitive action for the leader of that debacle is so severe in its implications that the entire civilised world is in an uproar? And you want to suggest that I should restrain my comments?

As an American such an action should be repugnant to and protested by every citizen; chastising me as a poster for whatever suggestion I may have made; however rediculous, seems to beg the question.
This Rumsfeld has by his sanctioning of this behaviour sacrificed any claim to the courtesy of reasonable debate.
There is no crime as heinous as the sequestering, torturing and interrogating of unindicted suspects in secret cells.

It's Unamerican.

So if my analogy is simplistic and lacking subtlety the feeling's behind it are certainly not and I make no apology.

BTW; who are those others? You don't mean my friend MR. Vinyl; just because we argue doesn't mean I don't respect the guy. He has cojones'
and speaks his mind. Thats o'kay by me.

Re: Nice; Rumsfeld opens new prisons on the site's of the old concentration camps. [message #57305 is a reply to message #57304] Sat, 05 November 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
"BTW; who are those others? You don't mean my friend MR. Vinyl; just because we argue doesn't mean I don't respect the guy. He has cojones'
and speaks his mind. Thats o'kay by me. "

Isn't that what I just did?

Bob

Re: Nice; Rumsfeld opens new prisons on the site's of the old concentration camps. [message #57306 is a reply to message #57305] Sat, 05 November 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; yes, thats why I offered an explanation. Just because I disagree and become strident at times I always respect an honest opinion. What was it about my response that you would think otherwise?
Your post was fair so I responded.
When you suggest there are some who find my posts extreme; of course I am curious. I know they are extreme; but if you feel strongly you should respond strongly; certainly nothing personal.

I try not to say anything in a post I wouldn't say in person.

You know this is a small group of very differing types. Thats whats interesting. Even though it is an audio forum; if you play football all day; sometimes you want to shoot hoops.

Manual... [message #57307 is a reply to message #57306] Mon, 07 November 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

...I don`t understand what`s wrong with your image?!

Re: Manual... [message #57308 is a reply to message #57307] Mon, 07 November 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I need a makeover.
I'm gonna change my monicker to Mr. Congeniality.
How'd you get my picture anyway?

Re: Manual... [message #57309 is a reply to message #57308] Mon, 07 November 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Q>"How`d you get my picture anyway?"

A>We are watching you.

Re: Manual... [message #57310 is a reply to message #57309] Mon, 07 November 2005 19:53 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Who are you; Sony? I didn't download that CD I swear.

Previous Topic: Still no coherent explanation of what legislating from the bench means
Next Topic: Dredger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 09:36:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout