Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Have to learn how to post pics I guess.
Re: No more discussions with you. I promise [message #57156 is a reply to message #57155] Wed, 05 October 2005 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hey thats why Ice cream comes in flavors; it's hard to come to grips with the fact that you can't always be right. I'm sorry you take such an apocolyptic view of things; to me it's just another day at the beach.
But there is a way you carry yourself to be an honest person; you face those who disagree with respect but with a committment to your personal dignity.
And yes everything is opinions; no problem with that. If you are sincere then what others believe should have no emotional effect on you.
And what interaction would there be anyway?
See I can argue a point because I am honest with myself and others regardless of what side anyone is on and I apologise when I'm wrong.
Sneaking a supposedly serious point into a post to draw someones honest response for the express purpose of ridiculing or belittling that individual and then disappearing is cowardly and weak.
Thats my philosophy and I stand by it.

WTF are you talking about? [message #57157 is a reply to message #57156] Wed, 05 October 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
"Sneaking a supposedly serious point into a post to draw someones honest response for the express purpose of ridiculing or belittling that individual and then disappearing is cowardly and weak."

What the fuck are you talking about?

Re: WTF are you talking about? [message #57158 is a reply to message #57157] Thu, 06 October 2005 01:37 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I notice you use that phrase a lot. It seems simple enough to me whats the problem? Seems to be a mis-communication on a regular basis here. This is what I want to avoid;
They ask what seems to be a rational question; wait until you respond in a rational way then instead of responding; post some irresponsible drivel and sign off wasting your time and the bandwidth. I don't know maybe you haven't noticed. It happens a lot and I prefer not to be a part of it. I reply to you here only because you seem somehow unawares that this occurs.
Why does this fascinate you anyway; it would seem you would not like this type of snipe posting eithor; so what gives?
Read the exchange with Bobby; it is clear as a bell. That is why I do not wish to waste my time.

Thats why I asked are you serious; so whats hard here?
Had you replied yes; I am serious; then we would have continued; somehow you were sidetracked and this off the wall exchange occured instead of a discussion about legal issues. The concept of legislating from the bench is a difficult topic; why start it if we will not finish it.
I don't have a bone to pick or any ego issues. I like when people disagree with me; it's a good thing as long as they are reasonable and can lighten up the tone when required.
So rather than think and write a long post that will not recieve a response I ask...are you serious before I committ to the discussion.
No one else here would have recieved this much accomodation so what is the issue; or is it some hidden agenda here? Like the Bobby snipe and run scenario.
I can't do any more explaining of my posts; it's getting tiresome now. This could have been a productive exchange instead of this whatever it is.

Previous Topic: Fox news/good stuff/ Finally saying something good.
Next Topic: Peerless transformers, trademarks and intellectual property rights
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 04:30:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout