Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » No Fooling Around
Yes, exactly my point....(NT) [message #57100 is a reply to message #57097] Fri, 30 September 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
NT

Couldn't have said it better myself. (nt) [message #57101 is a reply to message #57096] Fri, 30 September 2005 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
NT

Re: I see no problem with this.... [message #57103 is a reply to message #57099] Fri, 30 September 2005 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So whats the baseless part?

Re: No Fooling Around [message #57104 is a reply to message #57096] Fri, 30 September 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; then maybe your girls can be in the next one and you can tell everyone how proud you are then; if they survive it.
You really have to be kidding me here. The kid is an asshole and needs to be straightened out by a responsible person not some quota motivated recruiter.
Anyway this is all moot because there will be many lawsuits upcoming to put a stop to this nonsense.

And which war were you in?
Or the other guy; which war was he in?
Talk is cheap.

ah "baseless" and "clueless" is no way to go through life (NT) [message #57106 is a reply to message #57103] Fri, 30 September 2005 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
(NT)

Re:You'd be the one to know [message #57109 is a reply to message #57106] Fri, 30 September 2005 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
nt

Re: Why thank you; I'm glad you agree [message #57110 is a reply to message #57101] Fri, 30 September 2005 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
nt

Why lawyers? [message #57114 is a reply to message #57104] Fri, 30 September 2005 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
When my children turn 18, I consider them adults. I will have had 18 years to teach them right from wrong and that there are consequences to every choice they make. They will make many decissions during their lives, and they will deal with the consequences. This is called being an adult. When I fucked up, my dad did not run out and hire an attorney. He made me live with that choice.

If the kid is an asshole, then maybe a little discipline will be good for him. The recruiter has nothing more to do with that young man.

Just curious. What defense is the attorney going to take on getting this kid out, assuming he wants out?

I had two opportunities to enlist. Both times I thought better of it. The second time I knew the service was not for me; the recuriter didn't think it was funny when I was started singing "Alice's Restaurant."

Here's an idea: maybe Cindy can take up his cause. By the way, why didn't Senator Clinton meet with Cindy? O, O, O, O, Mista Kotter, I know.......

Re: Why lawyers? [message #57115 is a reply to message #57114] Fri, 30 September 2005 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The lawsuits are already filed for the unauthorised release of private information IE the cell-phone numbers. The parent's did not hire an attorney, there is nothing he could do. It's several organisations formed for the express purpose of fighting the unauthorised release of the students private information by the School superintendents.
The fact that the kid enlisted in this illegal war is a terrible burden for the parents but yes you are correct he is a man and at that age or much younger no one was ever going to tell me what to do.
The real issue is the immoral collusion between the schools and the military. I figured that would be self-evident and not require an explanation.
The lectures you guys offered me were very kind but a little superficial; this thing has a more insidious implication than just a kid screwing up his life.
And I retract my earlier statement concerning your girls. I hope they never get suckered into a war like this and suffer as a result; regardless of how you feel.
I shouldn't ramble like this especially while watching the Yanks-Red-Sox game; but my dad who was wounded in WW II told me during Vietnam; it's a suckers war, stay out of it.
Oh; around here your kids are always your kids; just because they reach a certain age doesn't mean you wipe your hands of them..thats cowardly. You think after 50 years of life my advice has no value to him? Thats crazy talk.
And you know what; I don't believe you; I have seen you and heard you around your kids and I think you would be the first to block the door if they even hinted at enlisting during a war like this.
The other jiboni just babbles nonsense he hears on Fox news but you're brighter than that.

Re: No Fooling Around [message #57120 is a reply to message #57087] Tue, 04 October 2005 14:12 Go to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
What's wrong with having someone volunteer to join our all-volunteer armed forces?
If no one volunteered, we'd be overrun by other, not-so-friendly nations in a heartbeat.
I thank the kid for volunteering to serve.
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: Quotes of the Day...
Next Topic: I think I'm doing OK as a Dad (pic)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 06:33:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio