Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » No Fooling Around
No Fooling Around [message #57087] Fri, 30 September 2005 07:32 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
This is a true story. A friend of my wife; their son is enlisting. She is inconsoluble and the father wants to beat the crap out of him for even thinking of doing something so stupid. Turns out they find out he was contacted by a military recruiter..ON HIS CELL PHONE!
They contacted an attorney friend and geuss what; the military gets the contact information including SS# Address; home phone and cell phone from...THE HIGH SCHOOL!
Further inquiries report that this is legal and the pentagon demands this info from the High School Superintendants.
Now they can't force you to give this info to them but it is incumbent on YOU to opt out. You have to contact the Pentagon and your school superintendant and in writing demand they remove your children from this list.
This is a FACT! Check it out. I am already writing my letters and with the support of OPT OUT NOW am getting my son removed from this crummy weasly piece of shit. Next I am getting him portable cell phones with changing chips to prevent any unauthorised contact.
Can you imagine these slimey bush recruiters trying to get your kids killed for halliburton?

Re: No Fooling Around [message #57088 is a reply to message #57087] Fri, 30 September 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
How old was your friend's son when he signed on?

Re: No Fooling Around [message #57089 is a reply to message #57087] Fri, 30 September 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey, everything is allright - this is not a mobilisation, but just a little talk - they want to know do you feel their way, and you can say "thank you, you wouldn`t believe, but I rather prefer females", or so. No big deal.

I see no problem with this.... [message #57090 is a reply to message #57087] Fri, 30 September 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Interesting that you call signing up to protect and serve the country that you live in a "stupid thing to do". I for one am very grateful for every one of the volunteers that now serve in the military. I think this boy is a hero for signing up right now. His parents should be proud of him.

BTW were they "slimy Clinton recruiters" when Clinton was president? Or are you saying that Bush somehow pushed a new law through without anyone knowing it?

I will disregard your other baseless rantings.

Re: I see no problem with this.... [message #57092 is a reply to message #57090] Fri, 30 September 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Personally it's evident you missed the point as usual. As far as baseless rantings; before you accuse you better do your homework since anyone who cares can look this up and see it's true; thereby remitting your baseless ranting comment to the wastebasket of life.

Re: No Fooling Around [message #57093 is a reply to message #57088] Fri, 30 September 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
He's nineteen. Thinks he's a tough guy so the recruiter picked up on that and challenged him. He signed up before anyone could talk some sense into him. Listen this ain't no joke. If I have to I will post the sites that tell exactly what you need to do to get your kids off that list.
Forget about whether he should serve or not; they have a list of all of his personal information as well as his school records. Is there anyone who believes in personal privacy rights at all anymore? And what about the 16 yr olds they are calling? Are they old enough to make an informed descision about this. They get some unhappy kid who needs a little help and viola' he's cannon fodder for Halliburton.

This kids dad fought in Vietnam BTW. Wised him up a little. Not like all the armchair soldiers pushing this war.

Re: No Fooling Around [message #57095 is a reply to message #57089] Fri, 30 September 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Man; if it wasn't for your posts I think I'd hang myself here. I got one for you;

"A rat done bit my sister nell;
And whitey's on the moon;
Her face and arms began to swell,
And whitey's on the moon.
I can't pay no doctor bill;
But whitey's on the moon;
Ten years up I be payin' still;
And whitey's on the moon."

Gil Scott-Heron

Re: No Fooling Around [message #57096 is a reply to message #57093] Fri, 30 September 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Looks like the 19 year old made an adult choice. I am very proud of this young man for making that choice.

Should recruiters be calling 16 year olds? Maybe. For some it will be a career choice. The more information the youth has and the longer to ponder that choice, the better informed that person will be......

Re: I see no problem with this.... [message #57097 is a reply to message #57090] Fri, 30 September 2005 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
When I was a senior in high school (1983), I remember clearly recruiters coming to our school. We were also required to take the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) test. I also remember getting calls for recruiters as well. This has been going on for years and years......Colin

Re: I see no problem with this.... [message #57099 is a reply to message #57092] Fri, 30 September 2005 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Your baseless rantings were your "Can you imagine these slimey bush recruiters trying to get your kids killed for halliburton?" remarks.

Previous Topic: Quotes of the Day...
Next Topic: I think I'm doing OK as a Dad (pic)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 22:05:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio