Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Bad Chinese
Bad Chinese [message #57055] Sun, 25 September 2005 20:48 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You know the Panda Garden was a great Chinese take-out with a phenomenal General Tso's; nice crispy chicken and light brown sauce and they had a real nice hot and sour with fresh red peppers and nice shitakes. But best of all they have this dish called pepper-pot mussels. They come in a garlic sauce cooked in a pot and set on the table in the pot still boiling. The landlord evidently raised the rent to twice the rate so the owner; she ends up buying some property across the street and opening up there. I'm going in there twice a month for six years.
For the last ten visits the food is getting worse and worse. Now the husband cooks and the prep guy looks like an opium dealer. It's still packed but the sauce is gummy and the veggies are soggy and too much salt. Worst of all; they just discontinued the mussels. Man; this is a real disaster.
Every time the chinese restraunts get a following they bring in all the relatives to cook and send whatever indentured servant they had working to pay off his passage they send over to a new place.
Nothing pisses me off more than this chef jocky'ing.
I live in a primarily Italian neighborhood. They don't know shit about Chinese; you need to be buy the Jewish to get real chinese unless you want to schlep into Chinatown. And forget about bagels; they make them in a regular oven. Unbelievable; this is a real disaster.

Re: Bad Chinese [message #57059 is a reply to message #57055] Mon, 26 September 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Talk about bad Chinese... Dont get Chinese food down south! Maybe you have some good Italian places there if your in a good neighborhood. We have a lot of crap here. a few good places but mostly bad.

Think I'll go to my favorite place for lunch today.

Re: Bad Chinese [message #57061 is a reply to message #57059] Mon, 26 September 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Gee thanks BIll; tell's us about lunch but doesn't tell us what he's having.
Leave us hanging why don't you.
And it's lunch time too.

Re: Bad Chinese [message #57064 is a reply to message #57061] Mon, 26 September 2005 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Just simple stuff my friend. Fried dumplings with hot chili oil and balck sauce. With an order of fried rice on the side.
Geeze, now its time for a midnight snack!

Re: Bad Chinese [message #57067 is a reply to message #57064] Tue, 27 September 2005 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Simple is good. Dumplings with hot peppers in black sauce is a tasty treat indeed.
I can't hear you; no snacks for me.. I am begginning to resemble the letter Q.
Puff puff around the track now.
Nice fresh Red Snapper in Teriaki sauce tonight; yum!

Re: Bad Chinese [message #57068 is a reply to message #57067] Tue, 27 September 2005 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
hey, us full figured guys have to stick together ya know

Re: Bad Chinese [message #57072 is a reply to message #57068] Wed, 28 September 2005 08:14 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Ahem..I prefer the term "portly", or "stout" will do.

Previous Topic: Pheew!
Next Topic: Piercing is just the beginning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 07:32:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout