Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » RAT wars
RAT wars [message #56965] Fri, 16 September 2005 05:35 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

We were having a discussion on the Group Build forum, and Mike mentioned something called the "RAT wars." So I was wondering what in the heck they were.

Re: RAT wars [message #56978 is a reply to message #56965] Fri, 16 September 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
Hi Wayne:

Have you ever heard of the VFW?

You know, of course, that it stands for Veterans of Foreign Wars.

I'll bet you didn't know about the VJW.

I'm a member... believe they made me a lifetime member...

it's the Veterans of the Jute Wars.

Best way to (if your so inclined) see all the shaninigans is to go to www.dejanews.com and do a search on rec.audio.tubes... type in MagneQuest as the search term and then type in Andre Jute as the author.

If you want to get to perhaps some of the most humorous parts quickly type in "killer bees" as the search term and type in Andre Jute as the author.

fair warning.... there is probably in excess of 2,000 posts over the life of this... and it still goes on a bit today... I go over there every once in a while to see if I am still after "world domination"... a charge made by the honorable Mr. Jute.

to me it's old hat... I think maybe like six to eight years old.... but like many things on the net... it seems to have a life of it's own...

so... when I have kooks saying they are going to run me out of biz and ruin me... I just pull out my VJW membership card and realize that I am still here some 16 years after starting our small enterprise.

msl

translations are in order [message #56997 is a reply to message #56978] Fri, 16 September 2005 19:38 Go to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
it's the Veterans of the Jute Wars

>>meaning I took part in a series of nasty exchanges which grew so intolerable that very few rational people chose to stay and witness it.

It does appear that a one-sided explanation of the 'event' has been offered.

Do your own research, and be thorough. Such an exchange requires two willing and deranged participants to happen and evolve into something so destructive.
cheers,
Douglas

Previous Topic: the vote
Next Topic: impersonated post
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 09:21:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers