Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Shrub caves in
Shrub caves in [message #56915] Tue, 13 September 2005 16:23 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Shrub finally somewhat admitted his failure in directing the federal response to Katrina. Not quite exactly the full apology but any kind of acceptance of responsibility from him is a miracle.
Still tried to pull the state into his apology; not quite man enough to just say it.

Re: Shrub caves in [message #56953 is a reply to message #56915] Thu, 15 September 2005 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I learned something here in going through this, something that caught me by surprise actually.

There's two kinds of shit in the world - the shit you're in and the shit somebody else is in.

When you're observing the shit somebody else is in you see the politics, the games being played, the larger implications for society.

When you're in the shit, you see nothing but the shit - no politics, no politicians, no Shrub, just shit - all you do is try to think about how to get out of the shit.

I'm TDY in Baton Rouge along with a bunch of others because we're drawing oil out of the SPR - that's what I do. Today we had a little fund-raiser/lunch for people in area shelters - one guy crashed his car on the way to work and is in the hospital - they can't stop the bleeding because he's got cancer and is on chemo and the drugs affect clotting - another guy went to the hospital this moring with chest pains, no word yet on how he's doing. I think I started crying this morning - I don't know if it was that or allergies since it's been 40 years since the last time, but I'm pretty sure it was tears.

And not one word about politics, or Bush's fourth trip here tonight, or anything like it - just talk about how deep your shit is and how you plan to dig out of it.

All in all a very interesting and educational experience, even for this old man like me.

Re: Shrub caves in [message #56962 is a reply to message #56953] Fri, 16 September 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

My God, Charlie, you hang in there and do good things. Good things come back to you. We'll hold your seat here for you. Thanks for writing, I think about you every day.

Re: Shrub caves in [message #56976 is a reply to message #56953] Fri, 16 September 2005 11:56 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hey Charlie; you know no one can say anything about this who isn't in it.
So I will say for you to keep letting us know how you are; your posts matter to us.

Previous Topic: the "mighty" Asylum and its users
Next Topic: Hey John, google this......
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 15:08:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout