Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » GWB is showing his true colors
GWB is showing his true colors [message #56807] Fri, 02 September 2005 09:40 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Do the words Lester Maddox or George Wallace mean anything to anyone?
What a shamefull moment to present America to the world.

Re: GWB is showing his true colors [message #56808 is a reply to message #56807] Fri, 02 September 2005 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Didn't President Bush declare an emergency for the Gulf Coast region BEFORE the hurricane struck.......Colin

Re: GWB is showing his true colors [message #56809 is a reply to message #56808] Fri, 02 September 2005 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Haah?

Re: GWB is showing his true colors [message #56810 is a reply to message #56809] Fri, 02 September 2005 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
See link, paragraph 6......Colin

CNN source [message #56811 is a reply to message #56809] Fri, 02 September 2005 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
See link

freerepublic blog [message #56812 is a reply to message #56809] Fri, 02 September 2005 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
See link

Re: GWB is showing his true colors [message #56813 is a reply to message #56810] Fri, 02 September 2005 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
All news to me. Puzzling since none of this info made it to the Northeast newsfeeds. Maybe we don't get no respect!
So; if all of these preperations were in fact made; were was the beef?
I mean I know I am not imagining there is a crisis down there, so if there were all possible preperations made to evacuate and supply; what happened?
Of course many did not evacuate and whether they were able to or not is moot since most of the people stuck are basically poor or indigent;
all three of those references cite huge amounts of emergency provisions made. I just didn't see that in the news coverage of tens of thousands waiting for supplies. Why did CNN say there were only 31 helicopters working up until friday? I know we have more than that laying around.
And who is David Mattingly; Susan Candiotti and the other two anyway? Should I trust them? Will you vouch for their integrity; I'll take your word if you swear they are accurate.
The only real source is the CNN source and that is a third party source and they say nothing about emergency provisions ordered by the Federal Government; that is only mentioned in the two amateure sites.
Thats why I don't do dueling websites. I don't have any reason to believe these people are real and honest; do I?
Unless they are friends of yours; then I'll take their word for it.

Re: GWB is showing his true colors [message #56817 is a reply to message #56808] Fri, 02 September 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

I think the weather man called it a disaster area before it struck too.

Dueling websites [message #56829 is a reply to message #56813] Sat, 03 September 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
"Thats why I don't do dueling websites. I don't have any reason to believe these people are real and honest; do I?"

I get my news the same places you do. I make a statement and provide a reference, right or wrong. If I made a statemnt sans reference, you would call me on it; so, I just provided one before you asked.

Besides, what makes you think these people are lying? Which statement made your BS meter turn red? Do you have refernces to dispell what you don't agree with?......Colin

Re: Dueling websites [message #56831 is a reply to message #56829] Sat, 03 September 2005 17:37 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
C-Man; read the posts. The only post with any checkable references is the CNN and read what they say. It say's nothing about the feds providing any resources anywhere in the post. The other two are blogs; so you tell me, whats a blog worth?
All I do is watch three or four newschannels including Fox and NPR and everything in between. I read three newspapers and four news magazines. Then I ponder who stands to gain what from the event in question and make an educated geuss as to what is really occuring. Try it; works 90% of the time.
But this thing is a complete no-brainer. Bush was on vacation again and didn't want to be disturbed at his campaign speeches promoting his losing cause in Iraq. So he was occupied. The feds have very little resources available in country due to Iraq soaking up all the military and national guard units. Much of the mobile equipment they use has serious flaws due to overuse in Iraq which is a hostile envirenment for machinery. We are stretched so thin militarily due to extended enlistment terms and lack of new enlistees that the national guard is almost at non-existant strength.
When the Katrina hit; the feds made a descision to take a chance and let the local and state govts handle it for the reasons I gave. They were caught off gaurd; Bush has another agenda and refused to take it seriously until it was too late; that is without a doubt a 100% failing of leadership period.
If you were here during 9/11 and saw Guilliani work; especially when he tossed Bush and the fools at the federal level out and took charge; then you would have witnessed the difference between a leader and a puppet.
Thats my point.
Now they have thrown everything left at the problem; but they should have called for military supplies the day of instead of five days later; but they are in over their heads in Iraq and are afraid of losing this draft constitutuion momentum; which is looking like a big failure to the world, so they refused to provide the stuff. Fifty Huey's on Monday night would have solved the whole problem.
Listen; you are either a leader or you're not and no amount of surprises or acts of God will change wether you can handle it or not.
Rumsfeld needed to resign after Abu Ghraib out of a sense of Honor and he didn't and now someone needs to resign out of a sense of honor over this and they won't; because they don't have a sense of honor.
Just thought I would express where I am coming from on this. As if anyone cares.
You know there have been three shamefull events during my lifetime here in our country. The Civil Rights murders and blocking of the schools by George Wallace. The fall of Saigon and now this.
And someone needs to show some real leadership in a hurry; thats all I know. Because right now around the world from here to Iraq; we look like dogcrap. And personally I don't like looking that way.

Previous Topic: Say Colin; read Charlie's post?
Next Topic: To Manualblock (& Co) - a picture from summer vacation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 13:41:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout