Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Krispy Kreme
Re: Krispy Kreme [message #56606 is a reply to message #56602] Thu, 11 August 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Absolutely agree. I have a view on this. There is a movie about gangsters out and I can't name it but in the movie one of the bigshots catches an underling stealing a tiny little sum and asks him to admitt it. The underling does and the gangster says to him ,"I am glad you admitted that to me; because if you denied it I would have killed you. See everyone steals; if you are not stealing a little; then you are stealing a lot."
That brings me to the point. I don't have a problem with the Congressman who twists arms to get some funding for his district; or maybe awards a contract for potholes to the concrete guy related to his nephew who does a decent job.
Just watch the big fish; thats what I ask him to do, keep the sharks at bay.

Re: Krispy Kreme [message #56607 is a reply to message #56604] Thu, 11 August 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I agree. There is no debate.

Mr Vinyl and Manualblock agree!?!?! [message #56608 is a reply to message #56607] Thu, 11 August 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
WTF is the world coming to? Next thing you know, you two are going to be agreeing on presidential candidates....Colin

LOL (NT) [message #56609 is a reply to message #56608] Thu, 11 August 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
nt

Re: LOL (NT) [message #56610 is a reply to message #56609] Thu, 11 August 2005 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I have always maintained that Mr. Vinyl is a man of strong and carefully considered opinions. And there are very few of us left.

How nice of you. Thank You. [message #56611 is a reply to message #56610] Thu, 11 August 2005 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I was feeling a little depressed tonight and saw your comment. You cheered me up. Thanks.

Re: How nice of you. Thank You. [message #56612 is a reply to message #56611] Thu, 11 August 2005 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
My pleasure,I always try to tell the truth.

You guys are killing me [message #56613 is a reply to message #56612] Thu, 11 August 2005 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)

Re: Krispy Kreme [message #56614 is a reply to message #56595] Fri, 12 August 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
metasonix is currently offline  metasonix
Viscount
Such 'creative bookkeeping' is becoming almost routine in American business. Enron, Worldcom, Adelphia, etc. are only the beginning. And it's all due to people's changing attitudes.

20 years ago, the average investor would not stand for any cheating. Today, it's more like "Yo, we be the gangsta badass business dudes!" and people LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT. "Badazzz" businessmen are treated more like rock stars or athletes than before, meaning their abusive or destructive behavior is tolerated. More important to be a CELEBRITY than to make money!

And in case anyone's wondering, the OLD Krispy Kreme donuts were very consistent from store to store all over the South. And they were amazing, almost like fried meringue or extremely light angel food--melted in your mouth. Impossible to adequately describe. No yeasty flavor, which you usually taste in donuts.

But in the past several years I've had their donuts from various new franchisees in CA, NV, AZ, NM, and UT. And they were all over the map in quality.
I remember having a donut at their Mountain View (CA) store in 2000, it was excellent. Then had a donut at their West Oakland store a few days later--it was awful, like stale fried cookie dough. I lost interest in Krispy Kreme by then....obviously they were gonna go in the dumper, if the quality of their PRIMARY PRODUCT was so chaotic.

Re: Krispy Kreme [message #56615 is a reply to message #56614] Fri, 12 August 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
metasonix is currently offline  metasonix
Viscount
And these business accounting scandals are NOTHING. Have you been following the Jack Abramoff debacle?

It is widely rumored this close friend of Tom DeLay has had people murdered--for interfering with his business practices.

Even more amusing, the Mighty Wurlitzer of conservative blather is split on whether to call this staunch conservative Republican a sleazebag or not....in the Mafia, loyalty is everything....

(not to say the Democrats are guiltless, either. I find blubbering about "partisanism" to be a cheap shot. The whole system is corrupt.)

Previous Topic: this is kind of amusing
Next Topic: wheew; you all are wearing me out here.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 03:47:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio