Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Grocery carts!
Re: What I find fascinating [message #56483 is a reply to message #56482] Mon, 11 July 2005 08:30 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I agree; all you have to do is look at what they serve to the kids in public schools for lunch. People are at the mercy of the resources available to them. Many just don't have a butcher or a fresh produce market close by; and believe me I paid 12.99$ for a pound of flank steak on Saturday. Thats a luxury!
My express purpose in bringing up the issue of wealth was to provoke a thought concerning exactly why the wealthy are expected to appear fit and healthy as a requisite for their employment. When you attend a function around here and the women eat nothing but a small carrott the whole night it makes you wonder why anyone can't do the same. Maybe if communities put a limit on the number of poor quality fast food joints there can be in a designated area and offered tax incentives to fresh food providers it would help.
But the truth is if people do not have a desire to be healthy; if they smoke and eat poorly by choice does the community have a responsibility to enable that behaviour? As Wayne said; expect people to adopt healthy approaches to living and they run the other way.
The funny part is that around here the truely poor have dozens of charities that provide pretty good food; vegetables and milk and cheese and rice and beans. But they end up tossing most of it because the people want fast food.

Previous Topic: Let it be, let it be...
Next Topic: amplifiers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 13:55:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout