Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Grocery carts!
Re: Grocery carts! [message #56473 is a reply to message #56467] Sun, 10 July 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So Colin; are you interested in Bhuddist Philosophy?
As far as one of the masses, please; I would lay silver at the feet of anyone who can tell me how to prevent that.

Re: And the Consequences [message #56474 is a reply to message #56472] Sun, 10 July 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I agree with you about good looking people; we are few and far between.

Re: Grocery carts! [message #56475 is a reply to message #56473] Sun, 10 July 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
If that can help - I just buy 1m of 0,8mm diameter silver wire, about $4 + tax, from "ae-europe", of course...

Re: And the Consequences [message #56476 is a reply to message #56474] Sun, 10 July 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Finally that we are in complete agreement...

Re: Grocery carts! [message #56477 is a reply to message #56475] Sun, 10 July 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You forgot to tell me how to prevent my kids from becoming cardboard cut-outs of the rest of the sheep and learn to think and form their own opinions based on their own experience's. Not to be programed by some govt/church/political/military/university organisation's propoganda.
Thats the deal for the silver reward.

Re: Grocery carts! [message #56478 is a reply to message #56477] Sun, 10 July 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey, there are pretty dangerous things, and reward for this is not silver, but often the lead.
Like that you probably really don`t want to know who actually put those bombs or have interests in that...it`s much easier and less dangerous to have opinion based on official truth.
Read "1984"?

Re: Grocery carts! [message #56479 is a reply to message #56478] Sun, 10 July 2005 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
It was my guess the I.R.A. did it.

Re: What I find fascinating [message #56480 is a reply to message #56471] Sun, 10 July 2005 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Suggest that someone quit smoking, drinking, become spiritual, politically motivated, eating healthier and the result is usually a retreat with about the same amount of force as the suggestion that was made.

Where I have a problem is if I get really emotionally charged about something. Then I lose all ability to be objective, and with me, it shows. If I get charged about something, I tend to want to tell everyone. Never works but I can't help it sometimes.

Re: What I find fascinating [message #56481 is a reply to message #56480] Sun, 10 July 2005 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
At least you're honest; but I already knew that about you. A man should have strong opinions.
I think the price of healthcare insurance will become selective depending upon state of health at some point. If you want to have bad habits, they are going to charge you more. Not in an obvious way; more along the lines of makeing the remedies for self-inflicted illness more difficult to obtain and pay for.
I had bad habits; won't go into it but as soon as my son was born I cleaned up big time, thats the real issue. You have an obligation to your family to stay alive as best you can. Now I go to bed early and drink my milk. Eat my fruits and veggies.

Re: What I find fascinating [message #56482 is a reply to message #56471] Mon, 11 July 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
John, you brought up an interesting point about the correlationship wealth and health. I believe that in general, those with a higher income tend to have healthier lifestyles.

But here's the chicken or egg argument. Are they getting the good jobs because they demonstrate responsible habits (including health) as you suggest, or are they in better health because they have higher paying jobs?

I'm inclined to side with the latter. The fact is, it's expensive to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Compare the cost of fresh meat and produce with pre-packaged junk at a supermarket and the difference is incredible. If you're the mother of a low income family, are you going to spend you're fixed income on fresh vegetable and meat, or load up on Kraft Dinner and Spam? Buy milk, or for less than half the price, soda? Low income families also tend to be less educated and are more suspectible to the marketing hype of the giant food companies.

I'm a strong believer of individuals taking accountability for their own action, but for many of these folks, the odds are stacked against them from the start.

Previous Topic: Let it be, let it be...
Next Topic: amplifiers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:00:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout