Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Some humor
Some humor [message #56433] Mon, 27 June 2005 12:38 Go to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Here are some jokes to lighten up your day. I found them funny hope you do.

7 reasons not to mess with a child

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales.

The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small.

The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.

Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible.

The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah".

The teacher asked, " What if Jonah went to hell?"

The little girl replied, "Then you ask him".

A Kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of children while they were drawing She would occasionally walk around to see each child's work.

As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was.

The girl replied, "I'm drawing God."

The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like."Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied, "They will in a minute."

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds.

After explaining the commandment to "honor" thy Father and thy Mother, she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?"

Without missing a beat one little boy (the oldest of a family) answered, "Thou shall not kill."

One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly noticed that her mother had several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast on her brunette head.

She looked at her mother and inquisitively asked, "Why are some of your hairs white, Mom?"

Her mother replied, "Well, every time that you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white."The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and then said, "Momma, how come ALL of grandma's hairs are white?"

The children had all been photographed, and the teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture.

"Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up and say, 'There's Jennifer, she's a lawyer,' or 'That's Michael, He's a doctor.'A small voice at the back of the room rang out, "And there's the teacher, She's dead. "

A teacher was giving a lesson on the circulation of the blood. Trying to make the matter clearer, she said, "Now, class, if I stood on my head, the blood, as you know, would run into it, and I would turn red in the face.." "Yes," the class said.

"Then why is it that while I am standing upright in the ordinary position the blood doesn't run into my feet?" A little fellow shouted, "Cause your feet ain't empty."

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. God is watching." Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies.

A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples.

Re: Some humor [message #56434 is a reply to message #56433] Mon, 27 June 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; thats a day brightener.
So who is the funniest comedian ever?

A short one for you [message #56436 is a reply to message #56434] Mon, 27 June 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Grandson: "Grandma, have you seen some little pills of mine? I can`t find them anywhere..."
Grandma: "Forget the pills for a moment, have you seen those dragons in the kitchen?!"

Re: Some humor [message #56437 is a reply to message #56433] Mon, 27 June 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re: Some humor [message #56438 is a reply to message #56434] Mon, 27 June 2005 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

My vote goes to Sam Kinison. Rodney Dangerfield too.

Re: A short one for you [message #56439 is a reply to message #56436] Mon, 27 June 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re: Some humor [message #56440 is a reply to message #56438] Mon, 27 June 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The sad thing is not many people nowadays are exposed to the pioneers of comedy. Sam of course and Rodney without question; but remmember Richard Pryor/Don Rickles/Redd Foxx; the list goes on. That was the best part of Johnny Carson; he knew and loved comedy and filled his shows with the best. You can't see that anymore.
What I see is the comedians going for the easy laugh or parody. Parody has it's place but it gets boring over time because the jokes are limited by the situation.

Re: Some humor [message #56441 is a reply to message #56440] Mon, 27 June 2005 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Richard Pryor, Don Rickles, Redd Foxx, those guys really put a smile on people. Your mention of Richard Pryor makes me also think of Gene Wilder, another guy that always seems to make me laugh. Mel Brooks. Johnny Carson. And how 'bout George Carlin?

Re: Some humor [message #56442 is a reply to message #56441] Mon, 27 June 2005 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
George Carlin kinda took from Lenny Bruce and Mort Sahl. Don't get me wrong he's funny but the parralells are very close. Regarding stand-ups I think a lot of guys took from Allan King and Robert Klein; who BTW has a new album out after what, 25 yrs? When Carson had Don Rickles, Don Adams and Buddy Hackett on occasionally; that was as funny as funny gets.
The closest thing to that was ten yrs ago when Howard would have Gilbert Gotfried; Sam Kinisen, and Bellsner on. Those three worked a riff into fine art and man your stomach hurt from laughing.
Nowadays there is a snide;smug undertone to comedy that rankles after a while. I think Seinfeld was the last good series to really do comedy for comedies sake; without an ulterior agenda.
That British guy who does standup in drag is good but I forget his name.
Unless you have some favorites I am not aware of?
(Eddie Lizardd, I think is the British guy,it just came to me.)

Re: Some humor [message #56445 is a reply to message #56434] Mon, 27 June 2005 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Funniest kind of depends on the day, the circumstances. But greatest? No doubt in my mind it's Richard Pryor.

Nobody working since 1970 is not influenced by Pryor. The older guys like Dangerfield, Sahl, Foxx, Carson, King all told jokes. Pryor, like Woody Allen, worked entire story arcs, but you didn't have to be a New Yorker to find him funny; he was always pointed but never morose.

He worked blue but at the same time told stories with an innocence that nobody until Eddie Murphy could touch - Flip wilson came close, but he was maybe too cute, too much schtick - Pryor was the mischievous kid who was always a charmer, edgy without a hint of bitterness. There were times I thought he'd give me an aneurism.

Previous Topic: Another sports god
Next Topic: Let it be, let it be...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:54:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout