Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Republican Family Values
Re: Mental traps [message #56308 is a reply to message #56306] Sun, 22 May 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I tend to hear these arguments from people with this story. I don't assign this narrative to you in particular just a pretty common set of circumstances. You bought a building in an inner city housing project slated for gentrification. Three stories of 10 ft ceilings and oak mouldings that are 6 " wide with a flagstone fireplace. It is a great speculation except for those poor people that block the sidewalk whenever you need to go down to the street to the bodega to get milk and eggs. And it's hard to park unless you pay for a private spot in a secure lot.
If they eliminated the safety net those people would die off or go away and your investment would quadruple overnight.

Not to sound mean-spirited; I just know many who are in that exact position and sound exactly the same. So I ask out of curiosity.
They also tend to favor eliminating Social Security because they have a chunk of disposible income that they think could make them pretty comfortable by investing in Real Estate if they could just get that money they have coming from SS in a lump sum.

Re: addiction [message #56309 is a reply to message #56303] Sun, 22 May 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I guess I have a lot of empathy for people who I perceive as trying to escape their circumstances with drugs. It obviously compounds the problems they're trying to escape from, but their need to escape is something I can readily identify with.

With 83% of Republicans self-identifying as religous, and my personal belief that very few of them are Wiccans, I think probability says Young is, like most of his cohorts, christian.

Re: addiction [message #56310 is a reply to message #56309] Sun, 22 May 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Will thou deny me three times before the cock crows?

Re: Mental traps [message #56311 is a reply to message #56308] Sun, 22 May 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Young Republican is currently offline  Young Republican
Chancellor
I'm not sure why you and wunhuanglo keep trying to paint me into a corner. I'm through talking "politics" here.

You guys can go back to talking about buttfucking Ann Coulter and things like that.

Re: Mental traps [message #56312 is a reply to message #56311] Sun, 22 May 2005 11:48 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
No disrespect meant. I don't believe people operate on principal; their beliefs(and I include myself), originate from their experience; so to understand someone's point of view you need to know what that experience is.
The buttfucking thing is a timewaste and boring.

Previous Topic: For "guitar lovers" from this forum :-)
Next Topic: Southeast Asia Tsunamis
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 18:23:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout