Home » xyzzy » Tower » Quick and Useful Presidential Poll
Quick and Useful Presidential Poll [message #55642] Tue, 16 October 2007 03:50 Go to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Here's the link to a brief opinion poll that compares your views about the important issues of the day to those of the presidential candidates. When you complete the poll it lists, in rank order, the candidates whose views are best aligned with yours.

Re: Quick and Useful Presidential Poll [message #55643 is a reply to message #55642] Tue, 16 October 2007 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Pretty cool little applet. Thanks for the link, Fred. Interesting!

You know what kind of bums me out though? At least half of the questions were asked in a way that I couldn't give my true answer.

For example, immigration. As I see it, the problem isn't really the migration of people, it's the economics of it all. Immigration is basically an economic concern these days. The melting pot is truly impossible now because of welfare. I would embrace a person coming to have a chance at the American dream, but welfare laws prevent that from happening. For one thing, the taxpayers are at risk of subsidizing the immigrant, financially. For another thing, that tends to shift the "dream" from an idea that hard work can pay off with a better lifestyle to an idea that America has money to burn and can support a person whether they work or not. So to me, I would phrase the question differently. I'd like to see an option that would cut off all funding to illegal immigrants, period. No public services extended at all. That removes the biggest part of the problem, the financial burden on the American taxpayer.

Re: Quick and Useful Presidential Poll [message #55644 is a reply to message #55642] Tue, 16 October 2007 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Looks like Romney's my man.

Re: Quick and Useful Presidential Poll [message #55647 is a reply to message #55644] Wed, 17 October 2007 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
No, vote for me instead. My name is similar to another presidential candidate, but I'm a write in candidate. One of my many campaign promises is a free high end audio system in every home in America. We'll pay for it by raising taxes on mass market HT equipment.

Fred Thompson

Re: Quick and Useful Presidential Poll [message #55648 is a reply to message #55647] Wed, 17 October 2007 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

No doubt!

Give me tubes or give me death [message #55650 is a reply to message #55647] Wed, 17 October 2007 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
And you thought the abortion, immigration and tax issues were hot-button; just wait. Next it's gonna be the SET vs PP vs OTL vs SS class wars. I've read the forums. I know what awaits......C

Re: Give me tubes or give me death [message #55651 is a reply to message #55650] Wed, 17 October 2007 15:22 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
And if you think the neocons and liberals can get into ugly fights, just wait until the campaign gets into the "Do cables make a difference?" issue. I've received big campaign donations from some of the cable companies and I've promised to protect their interests. It's gonna get nasty!

Previous Topic: Classified
Next Topic: E-mail Joke
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:05:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout