Home » xyzzy » Tower » Int'l Space Station Sighting Opportunities
Int'l Space Station Sighting Opportunities [message #55559] Tue, 19 September 2006 19:51 Go to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Here's a site that will tell you when the ISS and the Space Shuttle will be visible from your location.

Re: Int'l Space Station Sighting Opportunities [message #55561 is a reply to message #55559] Wed, 20 September 2006 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
There used to be a direct link with the Hubbell telescope you could access through the net. Some nights if I had a little trouble sleeping I would log in and watch the heavens for a while. It always helped and something about the lateness and quietude produced a real sense of impact.
NASA should promote more of that kind of thing.

Re: Int'l Space Station Sighting Opportunities [message #55562 is a reply to message #55559] Wed, 20 September 2006 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Pretty cool!

Space stuff [message #55563 is a reply to message #55559] Wed, 20 September 2006 11:46 Go to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Back in high school I was seriously interested in astronomy. I was out every clear night under dark skies, and was always amazed at the number of satelites and meteors I could see.

The satellites were easy to spot. They moved much more quickly than planes, had no blinking lights and faded in and out. You could also expect to see 3-5 meteors per hour - even saw a few split.

Side note:
The thrid largest mereorite ever recovered fell a few miles from where I grew up....C

Previous Topic: ATTENTION ALL OKIES!
Next Topic: Let it snow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:33:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout