Home » xyzzy » Tower » Hmm, I wonder why this isn't being reported on CNN
Hmm, I wonder why this isn't being reported on CNN [message #55197] Tue, 09 May 2006 08:42 Go to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Since CNN is unbiased and only reporting the news, I wonder why there is nothing about this on CNN. Fox on the other hand has reported on every General that has gone against Bush regarding Iraq, but also reports the following. I guess they really are Fair and Balanced.

Re: Hmm, I wonder why this isn't being reported on CNN [message #55198 is a reply to message #55197] Tue, 09 May 2006 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Why do you think CNN is unbiased? They are not as biased as the Bush/Fox network; but they have their point of view.

Re: Hmm, I wonder why this isn't being reported on CNN [message #55199 is a reply to message #55198] Tue, 09 May 2006 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
That was sarcasm about CNN being unbiased. Fox, I find a little to the left as well but at least Fox gives both sides of the story. Or at least attempts to do so from time to time.

Re: Hmm, I wonder why this isn't being reported on CNN [message #55200 is a reply to message #55199] Tue, 09 May 2006 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So who is next from the Fox Fair and Balanced team to go to work for the White House?

Don't see the connection.. [message #55201 is a reply to message #55200] Tue, 09 May 2006 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I just gave you an example of Fox being Fair and Balanced. IE Fox reporting on "Both" the generals that disagreed with Bush and the one (of many I'm sure) that did. I'll wait for your example of CNN being fair and balanced.

Re:Why do I owe you an example of that?? [message #55202 is a reply to message #55201] Tue, 09 May 2006 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
If you want to live in a fantasy world be my guest but I choose not to join you at this point. There are more significant things to discuss than to waste time on such a silly point.
Show me the report CNN did on the more than six Generals retired who spoke out and I'll tell you if it's fair. Right now you are arguing a position that doesn't exist.
And you know what? I have not even been writing about Iraq as of late becuase I believe that even all the hardcore right-wing reactionaries like yourself have come to the conclusion that the war was wrong and we should leave. The few diehards left who seek to continue this argument are like the last guys left in the bar before closing time. Completely clueless that their friends are all gone home; and talking to the mirror.
I don't mean that in a bad way; the argument about Iraq is just moot at this point.

I didn't think so... [message #55203 is a reply to message #55202] Tue, 09 May 2006 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
And yes you do owe an example because it was you that responded to my post. It was you that called Fox the Bush network. It was you that is now dodging the subject. As for the rest of your post, as usual just because you say it doesn't make it so.

Re: I didn't think so... [message #55204 is a reply to message #55203] Tue, 09 May 2006 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Have it your way. Fox is the Bush network thats why they hired Tony Snowball to be the new press secretary.
Does the word Pathos mean anything to you?

Re: I didn't think so... [message #55207 is a reply to message #55204] Tue, 09 May 2006 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Isnt pathos the Mexican dollar?

Re: I didn't think so... [message #55209 is a reply to message #55207] Tue, 09 May 2006 13:43 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes; it's worth 3c American. With a picture of a map of the Rio Grande showing the shallow parts.

Previous Topic: Going to california?
Next Topic: Lets see; Today Whirlpool announced the lay-off of 4500 workers; yesterday AOL announced the same fo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 05:07:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio