Home » xyzzy » Tower » Huge March in Manhattan
Huge March in Manhattan [message #55180] Sun, 30 April 2006 07:03 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
People were lined up on Broadway for twelve blocks packed in like sardines. If you know Broadway that is one hell of a lot of people. At the very least 50k. Anyone see this on the news? Not much because it was an anti-war march. American citizens excersizing their right to speak.
Lots of immigration march photos though; all over the news. So much for a free and open press.
The administration doesn't want anti-war marches publicised; so they don't get publicised. No liberal news bias here; just us good citizens doing what we are told. Like sheep.
Oh; not too many Latino's there. Thats tommorrow; sure it will be all over the news; Bush wants guest workers so we will see march's covered by the news up the wazoo.
Singing our National Anthem in Spanish with a samba beat.
"I want to live in Amerrreeca;"

Re: Huge March in Manhattan [message #55181 is a reply to message #55180] Sun, 30 April 2006 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Pics, or it didn`t happen`.

Re: Huge March in Manhattan [message #55182 is a reply to message #55181] Sun, 30 April 2006 10:17 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
There are a couple small articles; one had a good perspective looking down Broadway where you can see how many people were there; they usually look across Broadway to make it look smaller.
But considering any March having more than 20k people should be news in a reasonable sense; then there was almost no coverage.
Tommorrow the Latinos march; lets see how much news coverage they get. If they do not get massive amounts of news airtime; I will eat my hat on camera.
And if they do get all the coverage; while the peace marchers get none; I will consider that all those who like to shout about how liberal the media is are full of crap out loud. The news is subject to the mandate from the white house; they print what the administration tells them to print.

Previous Topic: Price of gas
Next Topic: Central Park (for MB) :-)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 23:24:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout