Home » xyzzy » Tower » Remind all that this Port deal is not what you think
Remind all that this Port deal is not what you think [message #55030] Fri, 24 February 2006 16:54 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Remmember; this deal is not a publicly held company from another country like Englands is; this is a FORIEGN GOVERNMENT owning our ports.
The UAE is a foriegn govt; NOT a company within another country like we have in England now. This is the disengenous trick they are playing with our security. No foreign Government should be running our ports. Especially one that supported Osama Bin Laden.

Re: Remind all that this Port deal is not what you think [message #55031 is a reply to message #55030] Fri, 24 February 2006 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lelandcrooks is currently offline  lelandcrooks
Chancellor
One of my republican friends suggested that this was a ploy to allow the house republicans to put distance between themselves and GW for the fall elections. They could point out that they have opposed an unpopular president. Karl Rove genius if true.

It's all about the money, and Dubai natural gas reserves.

Re: Remind all that this Port deal is not what you think [message #55032 is a reply to message #55031] Fri, 24 February 2006 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

I dont think its about a foreign government owing our ports. Are these ports already not run by English, Dutch, Chinese?

Maybe a ploy on distancing, interesting concept if so.

I'm not in favor of this deal by any stretch. I'd like to know some more facts too.

Funny,
The media is on this like piranha on a cow that just fell into the river.

Re: Remind all that this Port deal is not what you think [message #55033 is a reply to message #55032] Sat, 25 February 2006 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Bill; the ports are not run by the English Government; they are run by a publicly held British industrial firm. You can buy stock and have input into that company. Dubai World is a State owned facility managed by the people who run UAE; the Sheiks. The UAE is not a democracy. The same ones who funded Osama.
How would you find those facts? The natural gas reserves are listed everday in the commodities exchange. None of this info is secret. It all must be made public for them to even bid on the job.
What is secret is the motives of the Bush camp for pushing this deal through the U.S. Govts. vetting process. They claim to be over there fighting terrorism and that fight is their no. 1 concern, then they hand over the managment of our ports to a country; and Dubai World is part of their govt; to a Sheikdom in the mid-east that supports terrorism.
It would be like asking Venezuela to run your local school system.

Re: Remind all that this Port deal is not what you think [message #55034 is a reply to message #55033] Sat, 25 February 2006 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

maybe we can get a Saudi real estate firm to lease out all the new offices coming available in the new trade tower when it's complete?
good Idea eh?

Re: Remind all that this Port deal is not what you think [message #55035 is a reply to message #55034] Sat, 25 February 2006 10:17 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yep; I saw a few walking around down there with checkbooks the other day. Then I think we should lease out our nuclear bases to Hezbollah for a tidy profit!
Then we can give guided tours of our nuclear submarine bases run by the Iranian Tourist Bureau.
Oh boy; North Korea is running the North East Electrical Grid at great savings to the taxpayer!
Any other good business deals you can think of?

Previous Topic: Cheney-Inspired Trivia
Next Topic: BTW; two of the citizens of theUnited Arab Emirates drove the planes on 9/11
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 11:12:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio