Home » xyzzy » Tower » Johnny Deamon
Johnny Deamon [message #54912] Wed, 21 December 2005 10:29 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
52 million and he is how old? Why don't the Yankees just buy up the whole Boston Team? At least it wasn't Nomar.

Re: Johnny Damon [message #54914 is a reply to message #54912] Thu, 22 December 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
MB, I take it you're not a Yankees fan. Are you a Red Sox fan? If so, it figures. We couldn't possibly be on the same side of any issue.

Although I'm a Yankees fan, I came by my perversion honestly. During my formative years (mid-60's), the Yankees stunk, except for my idol, Mel Stottlemyre.

Re: Johnny Damon [message #54915 is a reply to message #54914] Thu, 22 December 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Au Contrair'; I must insist I am a diyed in the wool Yankee fan going way back. I hate the Sox; precipitating my post. I just wish Steinbrenner would keep a few prospects around to mature into a team.
Whats the average age of the team?

Re: Johnny Damon [message #54916 is a reply to message #54915] Thu, 22 December 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
Johnny Damon was born in November 1973, so he turned 32 last month. Hey, he probably REDUCED the average age of the team!

Correction: I just did a search -- you can find anything these days --and discovered that the average age of the Yankees roster (sans Bernie and Damon) is 30.4 years, so he did increase the average age marginally.

The typical 2005 starting lineup was about 32 years of age, the average reduced significantly by the presence of Cano (23 yrs.). No one else in the typical starting lineup was under 30.

I get your point though. They're going to have bring Randy Johnson out in a wheelchair next year. And even Mariano is -- gulp -- 36!

Re: Johnny Damon [message #54917 is a reply to message #54916] Thu, 22 December 2005 15:39 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
RJ is so old he starts to warm up sometime around Sept 30th! I like they gave Bernie the one year 1.5 mil. He's a true Yankee. The sad thing is the slowing down of Jeter this year. I mean I know Damon will be a positive addition; better than Melky Cabrerra, but it's crazy how Steinbrenner tries to buy a team from Boston.
You think they will move Arod sometime to SS?

Previous Topic: Mind reader
Next Topic: Tom Delay thought he copuld screw the law but the law screwed back
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 09:37:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout