Home » xyzzy » Tower » At Last; the hardcore right-wing reactionary religiousos' are on the run.
Re: I'll Take A Stab at Part of This One [message #54910 is a reply to message #54908] Tue, 20 December 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Now you have it; Walter was one of the last of the real reporters; with enough personal power to see that the stories he felt were important to the American people got noticed. And he pandered to no one either right left or center.
The era of yellow journalism back in the early 1900's was worse than it is now. So there is hope. But let me ask. Does anyone think there can be a media outlet that would be considored fair and honest by everone? Under any conditions?
You and me as readers must do some of the hard work of thinking and assimilating required to allow for some understanding of whats being reported. Or we could watch Fox and not think at all.

Re: Law Professor . . . [message #54911 is a reply to message #54909] Tue, 20 December 2005 06:10 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thanks Bud for the link. I find also the Jurist News to be reliable; I can offer a link but you may have it.
Regarding the torture debate; I have considored the different reports available to me. I have decided that it is not going to be an option for me. I must unfortunately remain firmly against the sanctioning of torture in any form by our government. I know the arguments and understand what some think is at stake. But I know that the price is not worth the candle.
But it is an interesting debate witnessing how others feel about policy.
I also see McCain backpedalling slightly; that is sad. He must have recieved so many letters and e-mails from torture supporters that he is fearfull of his carreer.
After seeing the devastation from 9/11 and knowing some of those killed as I am sure you do also; I still can't see how reneging on the purpose of our nations historical legacy will enhance our safety. No amount of spying on the citizens and removing sacred rights and chaining the press would have prevented that event. Hey; the price of liberty is high.

Previous Topic: Something To Be Proud Of
Next Topic: Mind reader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 02:24:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout